Wednesday, February 22, 2023

PLUSHIE SPOTLIGHT: Jellycat

 I don't have a photo of my first Jellycat. He was the original Bashful Badger and I bought him at one of my favorite vacation gift shops back in the early 2010s. I remember which rental house we were in when I got him, but I've forgotten which year it was. 

But that gift shop is where I discovered Jellycat and I bought a few others from that same shop over the years. 

The Woodland bunny in the middle there is named Oliver. I got him from that shop. The chocolate brown bunny is named Wensley. I got him from ebay. Alan the mammoth also came from ebay, I think, and Dez the small dino was a discounted find from the gift shop because she had a small hole in her that was easily fixed. 



These early JC buys were going to be characters in a children's book I was inspired to write, but I never got that far with it. My writing tone is not made for kids' books. Heh. 


I discovered a local shop that carries them, so I've gotten a few more from there as well as from the official store itself. 

These three dragons were must haves when they came out. 



I love when they do cryptids like Yani Yeti and Bo Bigfoot. 





Nessie.


Wilf Wolf is totally a werewolf. He's my current favorite. 

Jellycats can be a bit pricey, especially if you want a larger size or an older, retired character that was popular. But they're made of quality materials and the designs are always fun. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment