Thursday, February 1, 2018

REVIEW: Shoppies Fria Froyo and Coco Cookie

My Toys R Us FINALLY got the new Shoppies in. I'm getting so tired of trying to track down all this stuff! Not that I'm going to find any of the rare ones anyway. I shouldn't even try.

But at least I got Fria, who's gotta be one of my favorite Shoppie designs ever, because they basically took Abbey Bominable and turned her human.

Or as human as Shoppies get anyway.


I want to like her art, but it looks like she's about to eat her fist.

Fria made her debut as one of the hardest to find Lil Shoppies, along with Macy Macaroon and Pia Puzzle.

I wasn't too excited she was getting a larger doll when I heard her name tossed around, but the final product is fantastic.


I like her pushed back, long hair with the no bangs look so few of the Shoppies do. I'm looking at the ones on my coffee table and 13 of the 15 have bangs of some kind.

Mine's got some box hair going on, so forgive that. I have to work a lot over the next few days, so I wanted to get these reviews done.










Fria has some hard to see but still cute snowflake detailing.

I adore the blue lipstick.








Her hair is mostly purple with one silver-tinselled white streak.

I'm leaving her headband strapped down because there's no way that thing would stay on.











She comes with the usual stuff for a regular Shoppie: stand, brush, card and 2 Shopkins.



Coco is apparently a Strawberry Shortcake fan. That hat is definitely reminiscent of old school SSC.

I was happy Coco was getting a full-sized Shoppie because she's one of the few that has a natural hair color. I like wild hair colors in lines with a natural majority, but in fantasy lines like Shoppies, it's nice to see something natural pop up every now and then.












Her art is as cute as the doll, which is good.

Each one of these girls has one lame Shopkin. For Fria, it was the cupcake and for Coco, it's the bag of cookies. Like really? Why not just a plain cookie?







While I absolutely think pink is overdone in this line, I'm a sucker for pink paired with brown, so Coco's little pink touches work for me.

Love those freckles!

And I always like the waving girls.










I had thought I was going to leave her hat off, but she looks a bit odd without it.




Her hair from the back. Some of these sausage curls work and some don't. Coco's are a bit messy, so she's not one of the girls who got better ones.



Overall, I think these two are really cute additions to the line. Coco brings in a natural hair color paired with a mostly brown outfit, which is more unnatural for the line, and Fria is just stunning with her frosty look.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment