Wednesday, February 28, 2018

MONTH IN REVIEW: February 2018

February was definitely a Charlie Bears month!

Alan was on my low-key wishlist from my stockist and I picked him up at the beginning of the month. He's a smaller bear so he wasn't as expensive as the majority of the ones I purchase. I like his round head and little on the side ears.

He's also incredibly soft!
















Then I had planned on a totally different bear, but Agnes was put on Today's Special, so I got her to be shipped along with Alan.

It's harder to see in my photo, but her muzzle is actually not cut very well, because it's uneven, but the "meh" expression she's making because of it is why I wanted her.

The 2018 collection was revealed early this month and oof, I'm gonna be broke for awhile.







Tyg finally joined the other Shirt Tales, thanks to help from a member of a Facebook collector group I'm part of. He is actually available on the Hallmark site right now, but he sure wasn't for a long time.


I picked up the Dracula set for $19.99 at Tuesday Morning. Definitely a price I could justify, seeing as I only kept Dracula and those neat chairs.




I took a chance on an Austrian seller on ebay who claimed to have this set of MH Minis that never saw the light of day in the US. (And another set that I'm now kicking myself for not buying.) So now I'm the very proud owner of Electrified Cleo.






Picked up this axolotl from the Valentine's section in Walmart. Yes, really!





Tatum was a whim purchase, who's become one of my favorite bears in my collection.







I've picked up more of the rarest set of Generation Girl outfits, the ones that came out around the same time as the My Room dolls. I've had Tori's (the pink) for awhile, but recently got Ana's (left), Mari's (orange) and Lara's (right). Now I just need Barbie's!




I am forever grateful for Chinese sellers and their ability to find the most random stuff. Thanks to them, my Love and Pet bobblehead collection is finally complete with the addition of Coco (Flora's pink cat).







One of the local antique/craft places yielded a surprising find: the final Mooshka Flowerina I needed! I have the set of four at last now.




I saw this giant Uniqlo black Snoopy on Facebook ads before Christmas and ended up finally picking one up via ebay, where he was much cheaper.

He's huge and makes a nice pillow.




LOL Pets Wave 2 are out already! They're killing me with how fast these are releasing. I still need a couple more of the Confetti Pop big sisters and now I need a few more pets, too.





More bears!

Hinckley's another one that's been on my low-key want list for over a year. I finally got him on Today's Special.



While Biddles was a complete surprise, because I never thought I'd own one! He's from the 2008 collection and only 300 were made. I not only found him, but found him from a US seller and got him for a great price. He's huge and heavy and he's got the best smile.








Snagged this adorable and incredibly soft Niffler at Booksamillion.




I adopted this beautiful Locket Surprise raccoon from 1994 from Miss Leonie, a fellow collector with a collection as expansive as mine! She bought her two years ago and I saw her Flickr photo and fell in love, but didn't come across a single one in two years! So now she's joined my collection and maybe someday I'll find another character from the line.




And finally, Miss Edith. Edith is the most popular Charlie Bear I own, I think. A lot of people love her and even have two and three of her. She's quite small at only a foot tall, but she's extremely soft and loveable.

I did get a small plush from Tee Turtle today, but I've been too lazy and hadachey to take a photo, so I'll fit him in sometime later. Probably with others I end up ordering from there!

That takes care of February, minus all the reviews I've posted of course, so let's see what March brings.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment