Wednesday, August 16, 2017

REVIEW: Shoppies World Vacation Round 2

I got extremely lucky and found the newest Shoppies at my Target! I didn't even know this set was out yet.

I'm combining the reviews into one post, because I don't take loads of pics of these girls. It's not like there's anything complicated to explain.

I was most excited to see Sara Sushi, one of my faves, again. She's off to...wait for it...Japan.

Surprised? Nah.


Normally, I don't go for pink, but with the cherry blossom connection, I'm okay with it for Sara. She looks amazing!

As always I love the box art. All three girls have great art, but Sara's is my fave.

Sara's Shopkins are a stack of cups and a teapot, since she mentions tea ceremony.


Sara's outfit is a little more detailed than Shoppies usually get, as it has separate sleeves. Her pink legs have a molded pattern.

Her hair is done up in two loops and then two other braids. It took awhile for me to figure out where I wanted the barrette.


The white part of her hair has tinsel in it and then there are pale pink streaks.

Her eyes are the same golden shade as her original doll, but her lips are pink instead of red this time.

Sara comes with two Shopkins, a paper passport, a suitcase that opens (I store the passports in there) and a tag with her art on it.








Sara is by far my favorite of the trio, which is really nothing against the other two. I just love her original doll a lot. She'll always be a major fave and this one is just as awesome.








From my fave to my least fave. I wasn't thrilled to have China's traveller be pink. Red would have been preferable. But they sent Bubbleisha to China and she's pink. Sigh. They totally could have done red, pink and yellow and not just pink and yellow.

She is cute though and she grew on me the second I saw her. She was the first one I spotted and yanked off the shelf peg.


Her art is super endearing, too, because it's freakin' adorable.

Anyway. Because of bubble tea, Bubbleisha's going to China. Her one Shopkin is a bubble tea.

Her hair is done up in adorable buns. Honestly, if it weren't for the hair, I think I could have skipped her. I definitely plan on skipping most of the North American travellers.


Her outfit is simple but very cute and I adore her shoes. She's the only one to come with a separate accessory. (I don't count hair stuff as the same.) I love, love, love the fan, but it's frustrating because there's no way for her to hold it. So I grabbed one of the plastic bands from the packaging and had at her left hand until I'd strapped the fan down.










Bubbeisha's never going to be a favorite, but I do like this doll a lot. More than I intended. Although I still look at her and mentally redesign her to add a bunch of red!






The new character this time around is Coralee, who I'm guessing is actually Australian and not just travelling there, despite what the box says. Just like I consider Macy Macaron from the first set to be French.

Coralee is a pretty fantastic addition to the Shoppies world.


Her hair is supposed to be three different shades, but Moose did that the typical way. They just layered the different colors. I guess MGAE is the only company with guts enough to actually give us two-colored hair (Project MC2 Masquerade Adrienne).


Coralee is still really cute though. I actually like the layered colors effect.

Her hairband coral and her top are both...well, I'm not quite sure how to describe it. They're not glitter-encrusted but a similar thing that makes them look sugared.

Her shoes are really cool with the wraparound seaweed effect. We've seen it before, but it's always pretty neat.




I like the layered skirt and other detailing on her. She's not one of my big favorites, but I do really like her a lot. Of both sets of World dolls, I like Sara best, then Macy, then Sue, then Coralee, then Bubbleisha. Jessicake is okay and I don't regret buying her, but if I got to do it again, I would have skipped her.












So anyway, if you're after these girls, check your Targets! I'm not sure what the case size or assortment is, as my store only had one of each left.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. my favourite world vaction shoppies are macy macaron bubblelisha peppa mint and sara sushi

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you please review wild style jessicake?

    ReplyDelete