Monday, August 21, 2017

REVIEW: Gorjuss Dolls Little Violet and Bluebird's Proposal

Oh, what a journey! I've wanted one of the Gorjuss dolls for months now and finally ordered not one but two as a reward for having to staycation on my own for a few days. Unbeknowst to me, Santoro switched their shipping style when I placed the order, so I was expecting them in the speed the FAQ promised. When I looked again, the FAQ had changed. They actually made it into the US and through customs quickly, but it took from Tuesday morning until last night at 10:30 for them to travel from Queens, NY to here. That's ridiculous. I am absolutely smitten with these girls though and I'm already planning who to buy next. I just hope the service is improved the next time!


The dolls I chose were Little Violet on the left here and Bluebird's Proposal on the right.

There are currently eight Gorjuss vinyl dolls and two outfits, all made by Paola Reina. There are other Gorjuss rag dolls and many other products featuring the designs as well.

The dolls stand about 12.5 inches tall. They're articulated at the neck, shoulders and hips, which is typical for this type of doll.

Their feet have an inward point, which is part of the Gorjuss style.




Little Violet is the sixth doll in the collection, as per the booklet that came with her. Bluebird is the 8th and had not been released when I was first looking at these.

Half of the line have more detailed outfits and cost around $91. The other half are a bit simpler and cost $84.

Violet is one of the $91 dolls. Her outfit is made from so many different materials! I can definitely see where the price comes from with these. They have detail that even surpasses some dolls I've paid a lot more for.









Every piece of the outfit is separate. The small vest unties in the front and comes away from the gray sweater. The collar of the vest has black and white-striped material on the underside. The skirt is a leathery material and has stiff mesh underneath each layer. A lot of the pieces have a fabric Santoro label inside. I just can't believe all the detail here. It's almost human-level quality.



Bluebird is one of the cheaper $84 dolls. You can see why, as her outfit is just a simple dress over a separate mesh skirt that makes the dress poof a bit, a pair of panties, socks, shoes and a headband. She has I think the simplest outfit of the eight dolls.

However, she also has short hair, which as you know, I favor greatly. 

Of all the pieces on both dolls, you would think if there was staining, those black socks would have done it. But no. She has no staining on her legs. 









It's Violet that got a little stain around her waist from the skirt. 









The bodies are simple, but the material is soft and nice. They definitely do not feel cheap. I love the little pointy fingers and the cute toes. 

They stand fairly easily on their own. Violet is a bit tippy, I think because she's so much more top heavy than Bluebird with that thick hair. 

Their hair is rooted, not wigs. 






Here they are from the side. I love the pudgy little belly. 

Again, look how cute those fingers and toes are!

Both these girls have black hair, but looking at some of the stock photos, there may be some with dark brown. I can't really tell, just guess.


These dolls are incredibly cute and unique, and very worth the higher price point. No plastic accessories and sewn together outfit pieces for these girls. Each doll in the line comes with a little bag, too. Violet's has the stars and Bluebird's has her bluebird. 

One word of warning though, if you are sensitive to scents, I do not recommend these. They are scented! According to the website, it's a rose and honeysuckle scent, but I just smell rose. 

I'm already planning who to get next.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering about the scent. Rose can go one of two ways for me. Pretty good or ohgod, I'm dying. It might be worth chancing the dying because they are adorable. If it's possible, I think I love Bluebird's bag even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it fairly pleasant. I catch a whiff every now and then (they're on my coffee table) and go "Hmm, pretty." They're not as good as the best rose scent ever though, which still remains on my Rose Petal Place doll!

      Delete