Friday, August 11, 2017

REVIEW: Project MC2 Masquerade Bryden

I accidentally erased my boxed photos of this girl, but you can see them on her Toys R Us listing, so it's no big.

Bryden arrived on Tuesday, but this is the first time I've had to take pics and review her.

I have to admit, I'm not wowed by her. I think she's the best Bryden if you just look at the makeup and hair, but outfit-wise, no. She's not the full package like the other Masquerade girls.


Bryden's headband and mask do not look well if they're both on, so I turned her headband into a loosely-fitting belt. It's cute on, but her mask is really awesome, so I'm leaving her with mask on and the headband belt.

Her hair is lovely. It's light and dark blue, plus lavender and dark pink. It's got two little twisty bits on the left side, too.


It's her dress that really doesn't do it for me. The top is cut poorly. I'm not sure if the tops of the shells were supposed to be cut off like that, but if it is intentional, it looks bad. If it isn't, that's just sloppy. Both she and McKeyla have the poorly-cut tops attached to the mesh, but Bryden's is worse. The lumpy top of the skirt is just weird and I like hiding it with the headband belt. The sequined mermaid tail skirt is gorgeous, but a nice skirt can't save a dress with a mess of a top.

The sneakers, too. I get that they're very Bryden, but that doesn't mean I like them.






Her makeup is way awesome though. First, her eyebrows are half blue. That's definitely the main thing that jumps out. Then she's got a line of pale green eyeshadow, dark pink above that and then pearlescent. But what sticks out about the eyeshadow is the bright blue "eyelashes" coming out. She's got a few painted blue lashes the same color as her brows. And there's a line underneath her eyes that's half pink and half white. Her actual rooted eyelashes are also blue, but they're much darker, more like her hair. The back of the box mentioned blue lashes, but they looked black until I got them in the light. They really are blue!

Her starfish earrings are really cute.

Overall, I like the doll herself a lot. It's the outfit I don't care for. But she's going to put on her mask and stand with her girls, despite them being better-dressed. At least she has incredible hair and makeup!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment