Monday, August 14, 2017

REVIEW: Regal Academy Magical Astoria

I went to TRU to look at the Regal Academy dolls for myself and brought Magical Astoria home. Rose I can wait on. She's getting the Bloom treatment.

I think Astoria is far cuter than Joy. Rose is, too, really. Poor Joy just did not turn out cute.

I had some issues with her right off the bat though, as her paper piece did not survive deboxing.


Then I got her out of the box and the second issue became very noticeable.

Unlike Joy, she can bend both elbows. Yay.

However, her left leg is so loose at the knee, she can hardly stand on it.

There was an extra bit of rubber stuck around the leg's peg, but removing it didn't help at all.



So yeah, I've got a messed up Joy and now a messed up Astoria. Be very careful if you're buying these, because there is no way of judging the joints on something still boxed. I've written the company about how these really are not sturdy enough for children, so we'll see if they ever respond. 

The outfit is still really cool though! 

Astoria's hair is okay. Don't expect high quality hair on these, just like you shouldn't expect...well, high quality anything. 







The dog though. The dog in the little clothes. OMG, I love him. 

I will end up getting Rose from this line and because she's the one I care about least, you know that means she won't have any joint issues. 

But do consider yourself warned. If you don't want to spend twenty bucks on a possibly faulty product, you should skip these. Once could be a fluke, but twice is not. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. I got Rose from this line today and haven't really noticed any issues with her joints. My only complaint is that part of the paint on her boots rubbed off but other than that I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, the girls' pets name are Gigì (Rose), King (Joy), and Vidal (Astoria).

    ReplyDelete