Wednesday, August 16, 2017

REVIEW: Monster High Garden Ghouls Winged Critters Lumina

I've been stalking Target looking for these girls and Pharrah de Nile, but I managed to miss the bugs except for this one! I knew I should have gone yesterday.

Anyway, I'm glad I found Lumina at least.

The Winged Critters are much smaller and more delicate than I was expecting. The detailing on them is really awesome.


I know people are rejecting these because they're little and not articulated. (Though I seriously cannot imagine articulation on something with limbs this small. You'd be asking for trouble.) But open your minds and take a good look at these three. I don't have the other two yet, but I'm impressed enough by Lumina that I imagine they'll be just as great.

Yes, she's got a plastic top and skirt. No, she can't bend her elbow. But she's super tiny and still look at this:


She has great body detailing even though she's that little!

I love her tiny face and her pretty hair colors. I just wish somewhere online would get these in stock so I could order the other two. I'm about to be staycationing, so this was my last store trip until next week.


Here she is with Abbey to show just how small she is.

I'm very, very impressed with her. And you guys know I don't normally gush over pink things, so this makes two in one day! (Sara being the other.)

The bug girls run $6.99, which is a very fair price for something that has that much detail.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

8 comments:

  1. These are adorable (Looking to get the one with multiple arms, myself. Maybe the Bee one.... and by that time I'll probably be like, fuck it. Complete set.). And they come with stands? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Wingrid is my favorite. And clearly has the awesomest name. My mom found her at our old home Target, so I'll have her in hand on Tuesday when she gets home. 2 down, 1 to go!

      Delete
  2. I was impressed, too. Fully molded bodies is one thing, but I didn't expect them all to have completely removable outfits! I definitely need Beetrice- her look and tiny size make her very endearing to me. And you know wbat, the fact that they have any joints at all is great for their size. They could have been statues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love their use of human object for accessories, like Gooliope, only the reverse, with tiny objects being their pieces due to their being the smallest characters, not the largest.

      Delete
    2. My mom found Wingrid for me at our old Target at home, so I'll have her on Tuesday. Just Beetrice left to find!

      Delete
  3. I think they didi great for something this small (the lack of articulatulation in this suize is more than reasonable), but she could havehad a fabric skirt, at least. But whatever I planed to buy her anyways, because the overall design is great, but I found out that they are listed here (still not available) for about $18, which is too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they used the rubber skirts because they work better with Lumina and Beetrice's larger butts. I don't have a photo of it, but Lumina has a firefly behind and I think Beetrice has a bee one.

      Delete
    2. Oh, well, that kind of makes sense :)

      Delete