Thursday, December 1, 2016

MONTH IN REVIEW: November 2016

Bleeding Edge Goths Casual Storm
November began with me wondering which packages would make it to me before we left on vacation on the 5th. Casual Storm here was one of them. She was my most wanted BEGoth for awhile and now she's mine! She was part of the group that went on vacation with me.

When I got home, I received a few things, one of which was an upgrade Vanilla Daisy for my Peppermint Rose collection.

Peppermint Rose girls










While on vacation, I was able to pick up a lot of the Disney Store's Animators Collection plush line for only $8 each. The only one I'm missing now is Moana, who of course is so new, she won't go on sale. I can't wait to see the rest of this line! I think they're the cutest Disney plush ever made.

Animators Collection plush
I've been continuing to buy G3 My Little Ponies along the way. I've gotten most of the ones I wanted, and my birthflower wishlist is down to only three (May, July and November). I need to update my photos of them, since I have a few that haven't made it into my collection photos yet.

DC Superhero Girls put out a lot of new products for the holidays, including the Katana action figure and Starfire doll. I was lucky enough to find Katana in my local Toys R Us, and I bought Starfire from online dealer Toot's Toys.

Hollar haul!

I discovered Hollar thanks to a Lalaloopsy board I'm on and bought all the stuff in the photo to the right for just $26! Total! I'm definitely keeping an eye on that place.

Shoppies Gemma Stone was sent to several typical Youtube toy reviewers by Moose Toys, prompting those of us who despise Black Friday shopping to groan. However, Walmart messed up in our favor. Gemma was an exclusive to their store and an online listing for her went up when the Black Friday ad did. Due to some error, Gemma became available for a little less than an hour several days before Thanksgiving, when she was supposed to go on sale. I was able to grab her and save myself the headache.

Charlie Bears Demi
November 19th was the 11th anniversary of Charlie Bears. My stockist celebrated on Facebook by holding various contests every half an hour from 10-5. I won one of the contests, getting a $5 gift certificate as a prize, but also got lucky enough to win the grand prize: a free bear! She sent me a list of bears to choose from and I picked Demi, who was shipped along with my Birthday Box bear, who was the adorable Malcolm this year.

New Dolly Time is slowly beginning and I've picked up one Ever After High doll and three Monster High dolls, all of which were reviewed here.

I've also been into the Barbie Fashionistas line again, getting several from Kohl's for excellent prices.

Squishable has also been getting more of my money. I participated in this year's Squish Swap and received the Kraken II from my swap partner. After that, I took advantage of the half off retiring plush sale and picked up the kiwi and itty bitty monster, then used the Black Friday/Cyber Monday savings to get the new gingerbread man.

Squishable Kraken
Shibajuku Girls Yoko had me doing one of the most mixed reviews I've ever written. Possibly the most mixed. I've actually grown to love the doll quite a bit, but I'm still unhappy with the words of the designer and hope she improves her attitude.

Possibly my favorite purchase for the month hasn't even arrived yet and that's the Spacepop dolls! They were supposed to be here today, but FedEx had some sort of unreadable label issue and now they're supposed to be here tomorrow. I was pretty upset by the delay and they haven't started moving again yet, so I won't really feel good about a delivery tomorrow until I see some progress. Here's hoping!

So that does it for November.

No comments:

Post a Comment