Wednesday, November 30, 2016

REVIEW: Monster High Electrified Silvi Timberwolf

Well, she finally got here! Just a day late. Amazon compensated me by refunding the cost of both the Spacepop book, which had a release day guarantee, and Silvi that were in the late shipment and extending my Prime for another month. I'm still hoping this late package thing stops. There have been four in November when I rarely had a problem all year long.

But anyway, Silvi is the last of the basic Electrified girls that's out so far. Venus is still on the box, but I haven't seen any listings for her.

I was extremely lucky to get a Silvi from Amazon. I think I got one from the third time she came available. She was in stock for literally seconds. All of the dolls in this line so far sell out really quickly, but Silvi is definitely the most popular. I didn't even think about trying to up my quantity to two dolls, as I typically do when I really care about getting a good one, I just popped her in my cart and checked out as fast as I could. I tried to order another after my initial order went through, but she was already sold out.

Silvi is the new character for Electrified. Her last name is Timberwolf and she's the daughter of "Gray Werewolves," so apparently, she's specifically a gray wolf (AKA: a timber wolf), while Clawdeen's family is...who knows? They're just werewolves.

I honestly really wasn't wowed by Silvi when we initially saw her at SDCC. She's very pretty, but when the line is just starting up again, do we really need a repeat monster? Older fans are already missing the wide assortment of monsters we had to pick from before. Now there are a lot fewer and we have a repeat to boot. However, I've also wanted a gray wolf since Day 1, so I'm pleased with that.


Silvi is lovely. Her skin has a slight sheen to it and she has the fur at her wrists and ankles. I don't have a reboot-style Clawdeen yet, because I've been waiting on the signature outfit one, but I think both werewolves share the same body.

Silvi is a very different headmold than Clawdeen though. Clawdeen has smooth ears, while Silvi's are cute and furry. The biggest difference though is the nose. Clawdeen has a decidedly human nose, while Silvi's is sculpted and painted to look a little more canine. It curves outward and is painted a darker gray around the nostrils.










I really love this detail. It's my favorite thing about Silvi and it makes her extra different from Clawdeen, so she's not just a gray Clawdeen. She's her own mold.

She has pink and neon yellow streaks in her hair.

I like her earrings and ponytail wrap, but the pink plastic collar and overall style of her dress don't appeal much to me. The light blue vinyl top part is cool, but the print is a bit too much. I think my main problem is the yellow on the dress print doesn't match anything else. If it was neon yellow to match her hair, hem ruffle and shoes, it would have worked better.

Ari remains the best-dressed of these, so far.

The print does go all the way around the dress though, for you dress print people.

Silvi makes up for a less perfect outfit by having totally amazing shoes. I love the color, the moon heels, the studs and the jagged bolt wraps.

I think Silvi's worth buying, because she's a pretty character and I'm very into her nose sculpt and painting! What I really want them to do is make a signature for her though, because her non-electrified look seems to have dark blue hair and that would be gorgeous.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment