Thursday, November 17, 2016

MONTH IN REVIEW: October 2016

Bridge Direct Retro SSC Soft Dolls
This is running a lot late, but November's been a bit of a crazy month for me so far. Better late than never anyway!

I started out the month with these lovely Strawberry Shortcake retro soft dolls. I still really hope we get more of these. I also bought my first SSC Funkos. I didn't want to get them until Orange Blossom released, as she came out weeks after the other three, but when I saw them for cheap at Walmart, they came home with me.

My pre-order for Kaycee Bears Saskia Bunny finally came in stock and she became my first Kaycee Bears plush. They're cute, but far more limited than Charlie Bears, which makes them much more expensive. I don't think I'll be buying many of these.


Just Play's Care Bears line expanded into Care Bears & Cousins, and I picked up Braveheart Lion, Cozyheart Penguin and Lotsaheart Elephant, plus True Heart Bear.

DC Superhero girls were featured in Happy Meals and I got the set of five figures. Still wondering why they think they need to put silly dress-up accessories in instead of all seven main characters. Target also had a plush Wonder Woman that came with a blanket, as well as a larger pillow pal. I got the blanket version myself and she's adorable.

Otsune and Kitsune
I picked up my first Psypuff from artist Psychara, and my Kickstarter rewards arrived from SunsetDragon's Kitsune and Otsune promotion.

Marvel Legends Nico Minoru












Amazon handled my Nico Minoru action figure pre-order with an extreme level of incompetence, but she finally made it into my hands over a week after she should have.

My local Hallmark was slow to get the Monster High Itty Bittys in, so I ordered my Draculaura and Frankie from their website. I hope we see more of these. I needs me a Cleo.




I picked up a Chipettes Brittany chalk that's apparently pretty rare. I just think she's adorable and she's hanging on my wall. One of the rare items in my collection that will remain boxed!

I rediscovered Chinese company Metoo and their ridiculously cute plush toys. I picked up two elephants in dresses from Amazon and was surprised to find the red version of a Chinese dragon I've had in yellow for quite awhile. Love him!

Metoo Dragons

Monster High released the third wave of minis very quickly...think two weeks...after the second wave. I managed to find them all quickly, thanks to my mom's hunting skills, but the Halloween minis eluded me. I'm still very angry about how poorly they were distributed.

My last local KMart is going out of business and I found a lot of great buys at 30% off.


My Peppermint Rose collection continued to grow with the addition of Lemon Kiss lily, my favorite of the foursome. She was an early Christmas gift from my mom.

I was shocked to see a Grimm Girls plush on ebay that I didn't have yet, so Mizz Muffet got added to my little gang. Now I just need two more!











An even bigger shock came from Hallmark, not long before we were leaving for vacation. I did a spotlight on her already, but I still can't believe I finally have an official Stormy doll from Rainbow Brite.

October finished up with the Care Bear Cousins minis all being found, and the arrivals of eight pearly G4 My Little Ponies and a new addition to my Japanese Yum Yums collection: Macaron Bunny.

Macaron Bunny
Definitely a lot of nostalgia this month, especially because I've also been recollecting G3 My Little Ponies. I think I've doubled my previous collection already, although there aren't too many more on the wishlist.

I'll be doing November's month in review pretty shortly!

PHOTO CREDITS: All mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment