Sunday, November 20, 2016

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: Gus Fink and Emi Boz

Koz and Blinks
Gus Fink has several different product lines, like the Stitch Kittens and Kreebils, but the ones I collect are the Gooli Monsters. These characters were offered as claw machine prizes, though I got all of mine elsewhere. I've never seen them in any machines, although I did see the Kreebils a couple years ago at the movie theatre machine.

The Gooli Monsters are cute little monster characters with different features. As you can see on the left, Koz has one eye, but Blinks has three. Shummi and Qwip are brothers and look a little bit similar. Skellbo's the spooky one, Largo's the only girl, and Gork's sporting boxing gloves.

Qwip, Skellbo and new style little Qwip
I bought Blinks on Amazon and Shummi on ebay, but had trouble finding Qwip and Skellbo. Thankfully, Gus Fink is a super nice person and he sold them to me himself! Koz is my most recent purchase and I bought the little Qwip on Gus's Facebook. He does daily Facebook auctions and I was the high bidder. He arrived right before I went on vacation.

The Goolis also have little collectible figures in many different colors. I have a handful of them and someone on ebay actually made earrings out of a bunch of them.

Shummi and Purse Shummi


The Goolis also had purses in the style of the characters! I have Shummi's, which is the only one I've ever seen for sale. I haven't carried it yet, because it's a bit big for everyday use. It would have been perfect for when I was in school, but my daily use purse is much smaller now (the little orange and green bag on the left, which is new and actually bigger than what I've been carrying for a long time), and it's definitely not going to be a work purse, because it's too nice to be dragged to work and back multiple times a week.

Anyway! Got sidetracked. The Goolis are super cute and cuddly and you should totally collect them if you like plush that aren't your typical sweet pastel teddies.

PHOTO CREDITS: All mine.

1 comment:

  1. You just solved a mystery for me! A have a little grey figurine of Koz that I've had for a few years now, but I had completely forgotten where I'd gotten it from. The plushes look great, I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete