Tuesday, November 22, 2016

REVIEW: Shopkins Shoppies Gemma Stone Exclusive

Gemma Stone is here! I was one of the lucky people that got to order her from Walmart.com when she was mistakenly listed early. Mine came in and I picked her up after work.

I got the version with the sapphire showing, not the diamond, which makes me happy, because I'm a September baby, so that's my birthstone.

Gemma has very distinctive packaging, so you can't miss her on the shelves.


Her art on the back is quite cute, although I think the doll herself is much cuter.

You can see all six members of the Gleam Team on the back. The ruby is in every box and you will see either the diamond or sapphire with her. The emerald is in the blind bags for both versions. The diamond is in the other blind bag for the box with the sapphire showing, while the amethyst is in the box with the diamond showing. I'm not sure if this is universal, but that's what I've seen so far. Of course, there will be exceptions when someone actually finds the opal!






I love Gemma's pale, icy looks. Her hair is a soft blue with silver tinsel. There's a bit of pale lavender in her bangs.

The crown looks cute, but that thing was tied down very loosely at the back, so now it's only attached in the very front. Her hair took a bit of rearranging after deboxing, thanks to the strings.


Gemma's hair is nice and soft. It reminds me of my old Mattel Winx Club Icy dolls. They always had the lovely, long, pale blue ponytails.

Gemma's little cape is a bit stiff, but I like that it's not just one shade of blue. The snap in front seems a bit loosely tied on and I had a bit of trouble undoing it. At least snaps are easy to sew back on. I did it all the time with my old Barbie clothes.





Her little shoes are rather Monster High-ish with their chunky, object-based style. I think hers display this quality more than my other Shoppies' do.

They're very translucent and you can clearly see her feet through them. They go on easy and stay on, even though she's in stockings.








I love the back of her skirt! The pattern is awesome.

I love her gloves, too. They're very unique.


Her hood can be worn up, although getting her hair through the hole is a bit of a pain, because tinsel does not like to obey. She looks really cute with it up, which I unfortunately don't have a picture of, because the shot I took came out blurry. (I was working against a failing battery, so I only took one shot of most of these poses.)

I love all the shades of blue here.


Here she is without the cape. I'm not sure how old Shoppies are supposed to be, but Gemma's rather busty for such a young-looking doll. I wasn't expecting that, because none of my other ones are like that at all! That's some glittery bustier action right there.

I definitely like her better with that covered up. Cape, please.









Her purse is a pretty purple number with a silver gem. It does open, although I didn't take a pic of that.







Here's her VIP card. I'm not a fandom-involved Shoppies collector, so I have no idea what these things are actually for. I use them for bookmarks!


And finally, here are my four Gleam Team members. The sapphire is very much my favorite, but the emerald is a close second. I'll have to track down the amethyst eventually, but I don't have a prayer of getting that opal! I've been having good luck recently, but not that level of good!


So there's Gemma Stone, a Walmart exclusive Shoppie that may or may not continue to be available after Black Friday. No one really knows. If you want one and don't want to go out on Thanksgiving, check Walmart.com at midnight Eastern time tomorrow! (That's midnight Thursday morning.) She should cost you $20.

I like Gemma a lot. She's my second fave Shoppie after Sara Sushi. But I really, really like that I lucked out and don't have to fight with anyone to get her!

No comments:

Post a Comment