Wednesday, November 23, 2016

REVIEW: Monster High Electrified Ari Hauntington

My second review for the day is Ari Hauntington from Monster High's new movie line, Electrified.

I was supposed to have both her and Draculaura today, but the carrier dropped the ball and Draculaura won't be here til Friday. I complained to Amazon, because I pay for Prime to basically pick my delivery dates, and they failed on both Rosabella and Draculaura. $99 a year is a lot, so I expect better service! I know things happen, but they've been happening kind of a lot lately, so I let them know about it and they gave me both $10 and a free month of Prime. So if your Prime stuff gets delayed, make sure to tell Amazon. That's not what we're paying for.

Anyway, you can expect Draculaura's review on Friday sometime.

So Ari. I'm surprisingly an Ari fan. I was never big into Spectra, except I do love my Signature and Ghoul's Night Out dolls a lot. But I love Ari's dolls. I have her Sig and basic and now this one.

Electrified is the line we first saw a glimpse of at SDCC this year. Several of the dolls were shown and I've been keeping an eye on their Amazon listings for awhile. The girls from the basic line have been popping up and I managed to get both Draculaura and Ari pretty quickly. I scored Silvi last night for delivery sometime next week. Venus is also shown on the box and was the first we saw from SDCC, but she has yet to appear in an Amazon listing.

The back of the box makes it sound like Twyla plays a possibly big role in this movie and she's my fave, so I'm very excited now.

The Electrified girls all have huge, crimped hair. Being an 80s child, I LOVE crimped hair. I have loads of dolls with it and one of my fave childhood Barbies, Dance Club Kayla, has crimped hair.

Ari's hair is rather dry, so expect that. I personally think it adds to the look.

She wears a chain headband, which I'm leaving in place, and a mini dress with a keyboard and chain belt.


The print carries around the entire dress, for those of you who obsess about those things.

I love the plasticy layer at the bottom. It's a fun texture that you don't see too often in doll clothes.

I like all the colors together, too. The brighter shades on the black background are nice. The whole thing has a good 80s feel. I think Ari is the best-dressed of the Electrified line with Twyla a close second (if you take off the giant bow at her neck).






Ari's shoes are really cute. I like their look from the front in particular. Bear in mind that they are purple and not pink. They photograph really pink! I think a lot of people are going to be surprised when they see her in person. Wait until you see how dark a purple they really are.







I think Ari's a really cool doll and I'm looking forward to seeing the others from the line. I already made display space so these big-haired girls can stand together. The $14.99 price tag seems a bit high, but that's just going rate for MH skinny-boxed, fully-articulated dolls nowadays.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment