Tuesday, December 27, 2016

REVIEW: Shoppies Kirstea

I enjoy the Li'l Shoppies Happy Places line and I think it's added some great characters to the Shoppies lineup, so when I heard Kirstea, who debuted in Happy Places, was going to be one of the next full-size Shoppies, I was very excited.

Kirstea has been released only internationally so far. Some dealers are beginning to get her, which is where I got mine. I bought her from a dealer on Amazon. I overpaid, but not by too much and it saves me the trouble of hunting her down, because she is so stunning that I know she'll be impossible to find. I had no regrets when I opened the package today and saw her in person. She's by far the most beautiful Shoppies doll yet. (My favorite is still Sara Sushi, but Kirstea is very, very, VERY close second.)


The second doll released with Kirstea is named Pirouetta and she is an extremely pink ballerina. I'm not sure I'll be adding her to my collection, since I only buy the ones I really like.

I think Kirstea's going to be the big seller of the two. Yeah, pink is popular, ballerinas are popular, but Kirstea is so elegant and detailed.


Her hair is lavender with a magenta streak in the front. It's styled in two very fat sausage curls.
Her eyes and eyebrows are lavender.

Tea is obviously her theme and the teacup on her headband is sloshing tea over its rim. I love the teacup next to the big purple bow. Her skirt has a cute print and her little lavender gloves with white lace cuffs are precious. Her legs are a darker purple with swirls molded on and her shoes continue the splashing tea motif.




Even her brush is adorable! And she has two of the cutest Shopkins I've ever seen. I think I might be a sucker for lavender and gold. I'm just really loving all of this. Her purse is a golden smiling teacup and it's quite lovely. I'm not a big fan of a lot of the Shoppies purses, but Kirstea's is great and less clunky than some of the others.








After shooting all the other photos, I remember to scoot her barrette over. She's packaged with it the way it is in the photos above, but I like it over farther like in her art.

I highly recommend Kirstea, even if you're not a Shoppies collector. She's a special little doll.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment