Friday, December 2, 2016

REVIEW: Spacepop Athena


Madame Alexander has learned wisely from other doll lines by now having Athena's glasses on her in the box. 

This is Mettathena Mystos of the planet Athenia. She's the group's leader, the smart one. Her instrument is the keytar and her pet's name is Mykie. 





















Athena came with her hair held with a plastic band, but I popped it off. Athena's always shown in the animation with wilder hair and I think the doll does a good job of capturing that. Her hair is light pink with four smaller streaks of a darker pink running up it. 

Athena has chalk white skin. Her eyes are sky blue with pale pink and white polka dots. Her eyeshadow is very pale pink with five hot pink dots under each eye. Her lipstick is a nice bold shade of matte hot pink. 








Athena's glasses are one of the best molded pairs of doll glasses I have ever seen. They even have little nose pads on the inside. The problem is they don't like staying on her head! They have flown off at me several times. Like shot off her face with some pretty good force even. 

Athena wears a dark purple dress with black polka dots. It has one long sleeve on the left. The top has a jagged fuzzy black edge. She wears a hot pink tie that's permanently a part of the dress. Her black lace sleeve has a gold elastic top and bottom. Amusingly, I found a piece of this elastic in Rhea's hair when I was deboxing her. And it didn't come off my Athena. It was just in there. She also wears hot pink mesh tights with purple and gold heels. 


The jagged part of Athena's dress is detachable if she wants a sleeker look. 

I think this outfit is well-made and I love that it uses so many different materials. The tights fit nicely and don't sag. 


Here's her pet, Mykie. Mykie is a good example of why I'm glad they gave Athena black eyebrows. Mykie has lots of pale pink detailing that disappears into her white. The same would have happened with Athena. 



Athena is my least favorite of the five dolls, though I love all of them, so it's by no means saying that she's horrible. If her glasses stayed on better, I'd like her a lot more! But I'm already kind of avoiding touching her, because I don't want her glasses flying off. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment