Thursday, September 21, 2023

Meet the Care Weres!

 
I discovered the Care Weres on Instagram and was able to preorder these two before the preorder shop closed. 

It felt like a long wait until they made their way to me, but they finally arrived! 

The creator released a handful of each character while packing the preorders and I managed to grab the third one I wanted, too. I waited until she arrived before posting these pics here, though I did share on IG already. 


So the Care Weres are...pretty obviously...what if Care Bears were werewolves? 

(The creator of the line calls them Careweres, but I can't resist separating the words to resemble Care Bears more closely.)

These guys are HUGE. They're a whopping 20" so they dwarf vintage and modern Care Bears. 


This lovely gray guy is Foggy Were. He was my first choice, which is likely not surprising. 



Perhaps a bit outside the box, Nightmare Were was my must have second choice. I simply couldn't afford three of them at the time and the preorder store was closing in only a few days after I learned about them. My third character seems more up my alley, but Nightmare and his big orange and red eyes won me over. 



Witching Were is the one I was able to order recently. She came not too long after the first two, which was nice. 

I love her pink eyes!

And her voice in my head is totally Amber Benson's. Zero shame. Tara forever. 

I'm really happy with my three, though I am going to be tempted if another batch goes up for sale. I'm pretty sure there will be more put up eventually. If it's at the right time, I'm going to try for Rare Were, the hot pink one who loves steak. Her belly badge is a heart-shaped steak. It's excellent. 

One more photo so you can see Witching and Nightmare side by side. These two are sister and brother in my little family. 

Care Weres Series 2 features the Care Were Cousins and it's currently available for backing:

https://www.backerkit.com/c/mcmadmissile/careweres-a-cryptid-collection-series-2

This project has really gone viral and the support is spectacular. The main new cryptids are the bat, wolpertinger, Beelzebear, and mothman. Several designs for each have been unlocked, and the newest is Krampus himself. I don't even know if I can afford as many as I want, but I'm gonna try!

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment