Wednesday, September 13, 2023

REVIEW: Rainbow High New Friends Lilac Lane



Lilac Lane arrived today from Walmart. I've been trying to get Blu, but I never see her in stock. 

These girls are $26.88 each. 



Back of the box. 

Lilac is a fashion designer, which I am choosing to ignore. We just had two entire lines of fashion designers. Ugh. Lilac is clearly into the science end of things, so for me, she works on cosmetics and perfumes. 




Stand and comb. 



Science stuff! Love these. 




Journal and pencil. 




Opened up. 




Glasses and adorable purse. 



Here she is out of the box. She does have gel in some of her curls, but I don't want to risk wrecking her hair, so I'm leaving it in. 



Lovely face. 




I love her curls. 




Really love her shoes! These are gorgeous. 



The rhinestones all over her shirt are lovely. Something different anyway. I think she'd be friends with Daphne. 




Earrings. 



And the body comparison. SHE IS HUGE. I knew she was tall, but not THIS tall. It really makes me wish they'd used these bodies on the new RH. How much more awesome would Rosie Redwood be if she towered over the others? 

So let's see, Lilac's shoulders are a little broader, while her hips are narrower. Her chest is a little bit bigger. 






Back in clothes and glasses on. These are cute. 



I put her journal and pencil in her purse. I wish the science pieces had little loops so they could be held better. I had to balance her beaker on her thigh, but it seems stable. 


Final thoughts: 

I like her more than I initially did when this line was leaked. I love her height. Her clothes are cute and they're not branded all over the place. Shoes are gorgeous. Probably in my top 10 for RH shoes. Love the science accessories. 

What held her and the rest of this line back for me was the terrible names. Lilac Lane isn't awful, but it's still a street address. It took me a while to see past the silly names and the repeat colors to find what I liked about these, but now that I have, I'm glad I have her on my shelf and I'm excited to get Blu eventually. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. I like this body. Funny thing, the first time I saw the RH bodies I thought they were rather "squat". Kind of like that Barbie body Mattel tried to push in 2008-ish, anyone remember?
    But I got used to their proportions very quickly. Except the boy body, poor guys.
    Now this girl makes the others look squat again to me lol.
    But I like the comparative proportions in here much more than with the Jr. High dolls.

    ReplyDelete