Tuesday, September 19, 2023

REVIEW: Shadow High Series 3 ROSIE REDWOOD





I think people have picked on Rosie for being plain, but I disagree. 




Stand and comb. 


Okay, here's where I think she's boring. She's a cosmetologist, so yeah, she needs this type of accessory, but we've also just plain seen these to death. And they couldn't have given her one makeup brush? Not one? 

The bottle is cute though. 



I adore these! Best earrings from this series. 




Love this coat, too. 



I was not expecting the cherry lining, but there it is. 



Her boots are really detailed. 


And yeah, the dress is simple, but not everything has to be ridiculously over the top. This works for me because it works for the RH body and that alone is a huge win. 



Rosie did have gel, so she hit the salon with Scarlet and Lynn. 

There is a bit left at the tops of her pigtails, which I think gives them some added height. 

Speaking of height, this is where Rosie is the biggest missed opportunity of this line. 

Her name is Rosie REDWOOD and they couldn't give her the brand new tall body that clearly was ready for use when these dolls were made? 



Love her makeup. Mine's lips are a smidge off, but it's okay. 



Red and gold nails. 



Love her.


Final thoughts: I don't care what anyone nitpicks about her. She's great. She's definitely unusual-looking with her mold. Something about it with the skintone gives her a bit of an otherworldly look. While not my fave from the line, I still love her. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. I adore Rosie (She looks vampire-y and my horror loving heart adores that) and agree, people who thinks she's too simple need to shut up. If anything, they made a good choice with keeping it simple so the showstopping coat won't get drowned out by all the rest. Some people really need to learn that complex doesn't automatically translate to good.

    ReplyDelete