Wednesday, January 5, 2022

REVIEW: Rainbow High Winter Break Jade


This review is way past relevant because these have been out for ages. I really enjoyed the winter break episodes of the show though, so I found myself wanting Jade. I bought her on sale from Target and she arrived a couple days ago. Sadly, mine had a couple lip rubs, but I decided to keep her anyway. Her lipstick is really light and they're not that big a deal. (I'm way pickier about the makeup on new characters.)



Stand, comb, hangers and never-to-be-seen-again snowboard. 



Both complete outfits. Jade  and Sunny are my favorites from the Mainbow, but Jade was the one I really liked from the winter line. I'm not a fan of winter themes. (I'm from Buffalo. I'm over snow.) However, I have to say these are some seriously high quality pieces, particularly both jackets. 



I had to give Jade a little salon time to get the gel out of her hair, then she was redressed. I left the sleeves over her thumbs to make it easier for me to get the jacket back on. 

The overalls are almost as nice as the jackets and this top is really cute.


 


I cut little thumbholes in the sleeves of the shirt so she has something resembling gloves on. Good old winter doll lines. No gloves and bare legs every time. 



I swear, my Jade is the only RH doll I own that changes clothes. I had her in her own pieces, then added some of Lyric's. Now she's taken over this outfit. I do hate bare legs for winter, but this is cute enough that I'm letting it slide. I'm also glad she's got something resembling hockey skates instead of high friggin' heels with blades glued on them. (How incredibly stupid that idea was.) 

Series 1 Jade can wear anything. I love her. 



I'm very glad I finally gave in and got this Jade. Both these looks are great and I don't think Series 1 Jade will be changing anytime soon. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment