Sunday, January 16, 2022

REVIEW: Rainbow High Pacific Coast Phaedra Westward


My Amazon order of 2 Phaedras came in a few days ago. I bought 2 to pick the best face and I honestly thought I had. Sigh. I rejected one with unevenly painted white teeth and kept the one with much better lips. I'll get to how that actually went. 

The Pacific Coast line is slowly trickling out. Phaedra and Hali are being found at Walmart and now Target, too. Harper and Bella are set to release soon. Margot and Simone are sadly not til February. (I REALLY want Margot!) Finn is not til March for some reason. 

These run $31.99, which has garnered some complaints. They do come with two pair of legs, so there is that, but there's not a lot of fabric here. Sadly, we're dealing with inflation all over the place, so I get it. 




Back of the box. Margooooooooooooot. 

I'm still not in love with Hali or Harper, but I may end up with both. This spread out release makes them harder to resist. 


Phaedra comes with the usual stand and comb. No hangers this time, but there's no second outfit. Her outfit is a swimsuit, cover up, two scrunchies, a visor, sunglasses, and a pair of heeled shoes. Other accessories are a large beach towel and an awesome beach bag. 

Each of the Pacific Coast dolls comes with extra legs. Some have their flat feet on in the box and others have their heeled feet. The pair of shoes matches whichever pair of legs they have attached. I think this was a large misstep. All of them should have had their flat feet attached with a pair of flat shoes. We have a ton of heeled shoes from other dolls that could go on the heeled feet. As it stands, some of the dolls (like Phaedra) won't have shoes with their flat feet. 

Phaedra had some crunchy gel in her hair so it was off to the salon. That's when I noticed a huge flaw that hadn't been visible in the box. She had pink smeared all over the left side of her face, as if she'd accidentally rubbed her lipstick all over her cheek and even up into her nose! There were flecks of bright pink paint all over her right cheek and if you zoom in here, you can see a big streak of it down her chest. I was really not happy about this because it meant I had to face my fear of using acetone on dolls. There was no other way to clean her up. I got a lot of it off, even some of what was in her nose, but it's simply too close to her lips to do a really good job. This paint wasn't obvious in the box because it wasn't as bright as her actual lipstick. More like a watered down version of that color. Or like someone had spilled on her and wiped it off but done a poor job of it. So my advice is to take a flashlight and give your Phaedra a good once over before opening her. I'm not 100% satisfied with my work, but I don't dare get closer to her lips with acetone. Once she goes on clearance, I'll keep an eye out for another. It's not that bad, but I like her enough that I want a better one. 



Here she is with her hair dry. 

People keep hating on the pigtails, which I think is ridiculous. She's at the beach or the pool ffs. Super long, loose hair like Margot and Harper sport would be heavy and hot. Phaedra is smart to pull hers back.



These are cute, but also rather basic and not painted very well. 



To get the legs off, you just pull. It wasn't easy though. I had to use more force than I expected to and I'm not sure a kid could do it very easily. Though maybe that's a good thing. 

You just push the other legs on and that part was way easier. 




With her flat feet, the stand won't hold her in its normal position, so I flipped the bar. The part where the clip rests is now at the bottom and you can move the clip wherever you want to accommodate the flat feet making her shorter.


 


Flat feet on! Cover up on!


And then cover up off. I don't like it much. I think it's the oversized tie and how it ruins her sleekness. 



Phaedra has baby hairs, so like the others, you have to watch for floating baby hairs. However with her visor on, that's probably going to be impossible. It's a minor QC issue, but they could try a little bit harder. 





I love her eyes, but I also actually love these sunglasses. I don't often do, so I'm leaving them on. 



A little struggle to get this pose because neither of her hands want to move very well. Poor Phaedra. 



I love her a lot. I think Margot is the only one who's going to eclipse her, and that's because of my long-standing love of white hair plus her personality plus her weird but cute freckled face. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment