Wednesday, January 19, 2022

PROMOS: Mermaid High Spring Break



Amazon is creeping out the promo photos for the Mermaid High Spring Break line. 

So far I can only see them for Finly and Searra, but there are tiny pics of Oceanna and Raynea, so hopefully their listings will be updated soon. Oh, Raynea updated as I was typing!




I'm not a huge fan of the placement of Finly's freckles, but I still want her. 




She's way cuter than the first one and it's entirely her colors. I never thought I'd say the blonde version of anything is better, but it is. 




Then there's Searra. She was available to order, though not in stock, and then sold out. Oceanna did the same thing yesterday.



 


I'm not a Searra fan because I watch the show and I hate when mean girls are part of the friend group, as if that's how you treat your friends. She's a nasty thing.


 


Though even I have to admit, this doll is lovely. Far better than the first one, which was quite cheap-looking compared to the others.





Here's Raynea, our new girl. Mari was the edgy, gothy singer. Raynea is apparently the nerdy gamer. I wish they'd change this up and have like the cool girl be into video games and the studious one like something else. 



All those Tetris barrettes are going to be given to Hairdorables Kali. And those earrings gotta go. 



If you guessed I'd be annoyed that there isn't a single promo pic of the glasses-wearing girl wearing her glasses, you'd be correct. 

Despite my criticism, I do want her a lot. She just needs a bit of decluttering. And to wear her glasses!


Oceanna is not up yet and now Raynea's pics vanished, so I'm glad I saved them!








Oceanna has been added!




She's pretty, but I prefer the original. 




I have her on order and I'll keep it but really only as a reminder of when they're coming out. Like when I get a delivery estimate for her, I'll know to start looking for the others if I haven't been able to order them yet. 



PHOTO CREDITS: Stock pics from Amazon listings. 

3 comments:

  1. I know you have said several times that it bothers you when people complain about articulation, and I get it, but in this particular case I bugs me when dolls have elbow articulation but not wrist articulation, I don't know, it is irksome to me, it makes the movement seem robotic, I dare even say that I prefer a straight arm that looks natural (like, for example, early 2000's Barbies.
    Anyway, these dolls are quite beautiful and severely underrated, I doubt they'll ever be available here in Mexico, I may try order one from Amazon, but I would like to know if the hair is good quality before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up with the bent arm Barbies from the 80s so nothing looks as robotic as those to me. Heh. And they hold a special place in my heart. I prefer an elbow joint to none because at least there's some motion. Overall, I prefer articulation on larger fashion dolls. It's just that I don't let it keep me from buying ones I like without it.

      Delete
  2. I grew up with the SuperStar/Karate-chop arm barbies, too...and while they also hold a special place in my heart, I won't buy an un-articulated doll, now. Mainly because I'm poor and have to be picky. XD

    I really hate it when they make the mean girl one of the "friends", too. Why? Unless she has some character arc that makes her good, what is the point? All it does is prove to little girls you don't have to be nice to have friends. Ugh.

    Also, this is just my opinion, I really wish I could see a dark skinned doll without garishly bright lipstick.

    ReplyDelete