Thursday, January 27, 2022

REVIEW: Glo-Up Girls Alex


Well, this has been a long time coming. When did I review the first batch of these? Ah, way back in August. I remember being annoyed that Alex wasn't available, despite being given to influencers. Here's a tip, Far Out Toys: don't give influencers toys we regular folk can't go out and buy. Kind of defeats the purpose of influencing, doesn't it? 

Alex was one of the two of these I was most interested in when they showed all the promos, so I'm glad she's finally here. I'm not a big fan of this line. I do love my Erin, but I tend to forget where on my shelves the other two I have even are. So they didn't make a great impression. Alex though. I hate to say she was worth the wait but I kinda love her. 

Alex has a mixed bag of pieces.

Forgettable sunglasses.

Crossbody fanny pack that will never be seen again. 

Floppy compact hidden in a pink wristlet. I do love these makeup bags, but I don't like the pink here. I get that it goes with the shoes, but Alex is the only one I'm not displaying holding her bag. 

Adorable camo top with mesh sleeves.

Surprisingly cute athletic pants. 

Sneakers that look like they're just chunks of bubble gum. 

Really cute gold lightning bolt earrings and a basic but  acceptable watch. 



PJs are pretty cute. She could actually wear this top with her athletic pants and it would go better than the green one. But we'll get to that. 


 

Before washing gel out of hair and "glo-up" stuff off face. 



After washing hair and removing stuff from face. She...barely looks different. They could easily skip all the gimmicks with this line and just produce dolls whose faces we can see in the damn package. (I'm still mad about my Sadie's messed up eyes.)



Hours later, dressed with hair now dried. 

The hair on this line is not great. For as much as they talk themselves up, they need to improve the quality. 




This outfit. 

From the waist up, I love this. The top is adorable and I adore the earrings. They look great on her. The doll herself is gorgeous. I think she's even prettier than Erin. 

From the waist down, it's like she's planned two completely separate outfits. Why would anyone look at bright blue and pink pants and think they went with green camo? 

And then the shoes. Ugh. 



But here's the thing. 

She somehow pulls this shit off. 

I thought for sure I'd be digging into my RH stash for some pants and shoes...but I didn't. I'm not changing her out of this. Not even the shoes which could seriously have benefitted from some painted detail. (Someone from Far Out please be reading this. Your shoes are BORING.) 

This is some Alex magic here.



So here are my faves from the line. I'm not sure the redhead ever came out. I have no interest in her, so I'm not following up with it. 

I have heard they're getting a second series. Please be more quality. Better hair. Way better shoes. Stop wasting money on gimmicks when your doll quality isn't up to par. And while I'm asking for thing we won't get: make a South Asian character! 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment