Monday, January 3, 2022

REVIEW: Momoko Monochrome Bird Darkness


I have not bought a Momoko doll in a very, very long time. (My last was in 2010! I just looked it up.) I saw this one on Dolly Insider and found a pre-order for her with Tasina in Canada. I've bought from them once before and it went well, but this was my first pre-order. I put down a deposit and then she sent the invoice when the doll came in stock. Easy peasy. 

So glad I splurged on her. I have only three Momokos left from my original collection and none have dark lips, so she filled a nice little gothy void. 



Her lower body was wrapped in tissue paper to protect her from dye. However, there's a chance those black tights will stain. Oh, well. I'm never taking them off anyway. 




Ah, yes, this is why I was always going to change out that black scarf in the background. 



Borrowed her box to be a quick background. 

The bow is supposed to go around her neck, but nah. I'm leaving it off. Might find her a necklace.




She's so gorgeous!



Typical sweet Momoko face with the lovely black hair as a frame. The black lips are fabulous. 



I've never liked this style of shoe, but she makes it work. 

I've decided to name her Esther after one of my fave goth characters of all time, Esther from Giant Days. She's fitting in well with my other three girls. I wouldn't say no to future Momokos, though they're not something I'll seek out. There's another Ruruko I'd like to get next when I can afford an expensive Asian doll again. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment