Monday, January 10, 2022

REVIEW: Lulu Pop Tania



I saw this adorable line on one of my rare skims on Instagram. (I usually just let a friend find new stuff and link me.) I found them on ebay and had to order my favorite one. They run around $50 plus shipping.


She got here from South Korea really fast. About two weeks, but that included some holiday time even. I'm impressed. 



I have no idea what Lulu Pop really is. Something involving music.

But here are the four characters represented by the dolls. 


There was a little plastic sleeve around the bottom of the box that I took off before photos. I had to cut a bunch of tape to get that off and then more to get the box when I could open it, but it was still pretty easy. 

The box flap opens up. It's like LOL OMG meets Hairdorables minus the blind packaging. 



Aside from cutting the tape, this was the easiest deboxing ever. You slide the cardboard tray out and pull the plastic tray out of that. Then you take the top part of the plastic tray off and all the pieces are sitting in the bottom part. Nothing is strapped down. No plastic tabs. No plastic bands. You just pick it up. It was so refreshing. I wish companies in the US would do this.

Tania comes with a stand, an OMG-esque hanger that doesn't really make sense because she only has one outfit, a brush, a beret, a pair of earrings, sunglasses, a purse, and her boots. 



The rest of her outfit is a top and skirt. 

I'm not going to show it, but the skirt has the "panty" strip that keeps it from moving all around. These are typically a cheap mesh or even a rubbery strap. Tania has black lace. I love it. 



SHE IS SO CUTE. I love that little mouth quirk. 

Her hair is pretty nice. Not the softest, but not bad. I love that her braids are asymmetrical. 



She was easy to undress. Her hands pop off (as shown) and go back on easily. 

Articulation is at the neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, and hips. She has click knees. 

I love the body design. Her hips aren't super wide, but I love that she's bigger in the chest. A lot of dolls now have wider hips but smaller boobs. 



Back in her clothes. 




Her earrings are big but somehow work also. However, they were a bitch to get in. I had to really push to the point that I'll never take them out. I think the posts would break if I tried. 



Like a lot of doll berets, this one just doesn't fit. It's just balanced on her head here. I fought with it but nope, nothing worked. Her sunglasses do fit, though they're not on right here. I was focused on the beret and missed adjusting them before the photo.

She reminds me a tiny bit of Minx from the Stingers. 



I like the design of the stand, but I hate the color. How does yellow go with her at all? Why not red? It was a bit odd to put together, too, because you put the clip over the bottom of the post and really have to push it up to the top. 

I like the design of the purse, but the all plastic somehow cheapens her overall look, so she's not holding it. I wish they'd done a chain strap instead.


And the last pic! She comes with a pamphlet, a card and a cute sticker sheet. 

I really love her and even though I told myself I was only importing one of these, I'm already trying to decide between Ella and Bella for my next one. I may not get another this month though. Too many bear pre-orders coming in!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments: