Sunday, January 16, 2022

REVIEW: American Girl of the Year 2022 Corinne Tan


I've had American Girl's newest Girl of the Year for a little bit now, but wasn't planning on doing a review. I just took some quick pics for my friends to show them elsewhere. But I was asked if I planned on getting and reviewing her, so I took some more pics. 

I love that we're finally getting another Asian GotY. We had Jess in 2006 and Kanani in 2011. Jess's mother is Japanese and Kanani's father is Japanese-Hawaiian. Corinne is the first Chinese-American GotY. I'm holding out hope that someday we have a South Asian GotY! (Sonali doesn't count. She was a side character. I want main character.)




Corinne uses a brand new mold that I think is a modified version of Nanea's. She's very cute and though I'll always have firm loyalty to the Jess mold, I'm very happy to see another Asian AG mold added to the mix. 




Some people bitched about the hair color. Parts of the AG fandom are definitely a little behind when it comes to accepting different things. 



Those were the quick pics I shot for my friends. These are the ones I just took. 


I like the leggings and boots, but the sweater is a little thin and see-through for my liking. I need to go check etsy and ebay for a new one. 




The asymmetrical braid is interesting. I don't think it's the most flattering thing. 



She's cute though! 


Corinne is unique also in that she's the first GotY to come with a little sister. Gwynn is Wellie Wisher size. I don't plan on buying her, but it's a nice idea. 




We're having a snow day today here in NC, so I plunked Corinne on the porch for a quick pic. 


Now to go look at sweaters!


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you!!! Not shocking all to find Corrine lives in your house!! She's really lovely. Your photos are always tons better than stock/random online ones, so thanks! I like when the face mold is unique (or mostly) to the character but I think her meet outfit is pretty blah though too for her character...they definitely could have made it a bit more exciting to look at or outdoorsy. I wish they'd do some main character historical dolls too, even if it veers off in a new direction for the brand, which is probably why I think she'd be cute in something like the AG Lunar New Year's dress. Anyway, thank you so much for showing her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, she brought you snow! I do wish her sweater was a bit thicker as it's cute otherwise. The holographic sparkle on the leggings is killing me in the best way.

    ReplyDelete