Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Unravelling Disney ILY

Disney ILY has had a rather mind-boggling assortment of new releases lately. I thought I'd make a post trying to sort them all out. 

I'll start with the easy ones. These are now for sale on Shop Disney and in the parks themselves. I'm glad they added them to the website, because it's certainly a luxury to get to go to Disney frequently. 


First, we're only getting one new doll from the Shop Disney collection. He's a boy that's a fan of Aladdin. And kinda looks like him, unlike the female dolls with their characters. 


He's cute. I'm planning on getting him at some point. 


He has two fashion packs so far. This one is inspired by Beast. I love that they're showing it on the Snow White fan, too. I don't hate this, but the best piece is the leather jacket, which is ruined by the fake shirt underneath it. 


The second pack is only shown worn by him. This one is inspired by Dr. Facilier. It's okay. 

I'm honestly not a fan of what they've given him so far. The only piece I really like is the red print shirt that comes with the doll himself. I'll get him eventually, but I'm hoping for some better fashions soon. 


Then we've got new stuff for the female dolls. Not super thrilled that there are no new dolls to wear these. I like how I've got my current batch dressed, but there are two outfits I very much need.


Definitely have to have this Jasmine dress! That purse has my favorite piece of Jasmine art ever. 


This Merida pack is my other need. I love every piece! 


Then we've got this Belle dress. Pretty but don't need it. 


It has an accompanying accessory set with a travel theme. It matches the dress nicely, but I'm just not getting Belle from this stuff. Putting a rose and a teapot on it just isn't enough. 


Anna gets a fashion pack that's cute but nothing I need.


There's an adorable Moana beach pack. I actually really love this, so I may get it eventually. 


No Moana beach accessories. They went with Ariel instead. 

Then we've got a new set that's inspired by the theme park rides. 


I have no idea who's going to wear it, but the shoes and socks have sold me on this Haunted Mansion set. 


I won't buy the Big Thunder Mountain outfit but it's cute. 


Gah, I really like this one. The jacket and the boots are fab and I like the purse a lot, too. 


Space Mountain gets a super cute sleep set. 


With accessories! Again, super cute, but I think I can pass on both. Not gonna say the sleepwear isn't tempting. If I can figure out other dolls to wear these outfits, maybe I'd get it. 


That's what Shop Disney has to offer. Then we've got a separate line also done by Jakks that no longer has inset eyes. They have simpler joints, too. So far in the US, there's no sign of this line. There are a Bambi fan, an Ursula fan, and a Minnie Mouse fan that have been found. There's also a gorgeous brunette Stitch fan, but Youloveit reports that she's been cancelled or postponed. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I thought she was the best one. Hopefully we get these here in the US soon so I can post some links. 

No comments:

Post a Comment