Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Dolly Insider's "Friday Dolly Questions" Part 4

#25: Does your collection have more boy or girl dolls?

Way more girls. Mostly because I'm picky about boy dolls and there will always be far fewer male dolls made. 


#26: Are most of your dolls wearing their original stock outfit?

Yes. I used to change clothes on my dolls a lot more in the past, but now they mostly all stay in their stock or at least something from within the same line. Like I change around my MH G3 dolls' clothes as I get new pieces, but they're all wearing pieces from that character. All Cleos are wearing Cleo pieces. I've changed some of the RH gang. Emi has an Azone top on. Dia has one of Ainsley's pieces. The Disney ILYs got all switched up, but everyone is still in ILY clothing. 


#27: If a doll comes in multiple versions, do you buy them all?

Nope! Only the richest can afford that. I only buy multiples of my very favorites. It's mostly character-based. Like I own every version of Icy, Darcy and Stormy from Winx that they ever made. I own a ton of Vidias from Disney Fairies, though not all of them. For more recent lines, I have not one but three Luminas from Cave Club. One open, one boxed, and the Amazon exclusive one because she came in a box with cool art. So she's open, too, but I display the box next to the one in the regular style box where you can see the doll inside the plastic. I have two RH Milas, one to wear each outfit. Both regular and "value" Emi, because I liked the value one's makeup and shoes. I have two BKind Noras because I messed up the first one's hair. But when it comes to tiny variations, like all the slightly different eye shapes on MH because they're made in different countries, no way. Won't buy those. 


#28: Do you rename your dolls? If so, how do you choose a name?

If they're dolls with set characters, I usually keep the names, especially if there's a show or books attached. There are a few exceptions, like I call Shadow High Shanelle "Shani" because I don't want anyone named anything like Chanel, especially a character of color. If the dolls don't have set characters, then it depends on the line. Like most of my Fashionistas and Hairmazing dolls don't have names. There are just too many to name. Most dolls these days come with names and I'm lazy, so I tend to stick with them. When I do want to name a doll, I like to do a little name research online if I'm going for a cultural name. Otherwise, something will usually pop into my head and I think of it as the doll (or more frequently, plush toy) telling me its name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment