Friday, July 14, 2023

REVIEW: Rainbow High Runway Jade


Amazon screwed me over a couple times with the Runway line, refusing to ship my orders to match the estimated delivery time on the item pages. Seriously, I ordered these in December. Mine should have gone out ages ago. But a couple cancellations and reorders later, and I got my trio in hand yesterday. 

We're starting with the best one.





They all have these basic accessories. 





With different art for each girl, of course.




Fresh out of the box, minus the lightning cage. 



I've been waiting for a Jade with black lipstick for how long now? It was on her first appearance, ffs. 

Also, these dolls should have been out at the same time as the show, not three seasons later. I'm happy to have them, but that was a poor choice. 




Some of her barrettes.



Another angle on that. 



Second outfit that I won't use. I'll be adding the hoodie to my sales. I'm keeping the skirt just in case a future doll needs it. It's pretty cool. Jade will not be modelling these pieces though. Plenty of other people have shown that before. 




The lightning cage. 




Post-salon. Jade didn't have much gel, but enough that I wanted to rinse it out. (Wait 'til I get to Poppy another day. Her gel was the worst yet.)



The dress.



These boots basically came right out of my closet. 




The cage is really easy to put on. It stays on whether you close up the back or not. 





One thing she doesn't do well is fit on her stand. Her heels are a little bit too high, so it took a few adjustments before I could get the pole part to actually stay in the base. 





Cute earrings. 


And final shot. I'm so glad they finally gave Jade this look, because it's easily her best one. This doll is phenomenal.


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this doll, as well, especially the shoes. And I really want to give kudos for attempting to materialize such an out there dress. (Also, apparently that cage glows in the dark?). That said, do agree that this entire line should've come out much earlier. I know that's sometimes out of MGA's control, but this is just ridiculous. Not to mention having more dolls for certain characters might help with the by now pretty common criticism that they're pumping out new characters at a ridiculous pace and not really fleshing them out or giving them many more dolls otherwise. (Though granted, at some point, most modern doll lines fall into that trap.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, does it glow? I haven't checked.

      RH is a weird line, because my initial criticism was too many dolls of the mainbow. It didn't take long and we had the originals, plus cheer and winter. I thought they did decently well with the characterization through most of Series 3. The slumber party and band girls were fun for their couple episodes. They didn't really need more than that. Sheryl, Gabriella and Emi got some time to shine. Daria was kind of middle ground. I thought she and Daphne both could have used a lot more screentime, but no one got screwed over in Series 3 as much as Georgia. Then came Series 4 and all the new bands, and then we were solidly into too many characters, not enough characterization. I think Meena and Delilah came out the best by far. Jewel was just kinda there a couple times and Lila talked to Sunny once and then basically disappeared. Coco got plenty of screentime, but it felt like too much for me because I can't stand her dated slang. My girl Mila got even more screwed than Georgia with her single line that will always leave me wondering exactly what her accent was. They gave more plot time to the bands than the S4 characters. I'm hoping for better from the Series 5 and SH Series 2 cast with Project Rainbow.

      Anyway, yeah, started out with too many repeats of the mains and then flipped to too many characters, not enough screentime. Interesting at least, because most doll lines are one or the other issue, not both.

      Delete
    2. I get what you mean, yeah. I just hope I didn't jump on a wee bit too late and they'll manage to course correct. (Well, wanting three dolls. Don't know how much that counts as 'Jumping on'.).

      Delete