Tuesday, December 18, 2018

REVIEW: Strawberry Shortcake Retro Peach Blush


The main reason I was annoyed when Target stopped carrying this line was this girl right here. They stopped carrying them just when she came out and that made her that much harder to find.

I'm not sure where people found theirs. Months ago, she was on Amazon and ebay, but not once for her retail price. Then she vanished for ages. Only recently did she reappear and apparently people have been finding her in Cracker Barrel. Well, my Cracker Barrel has the same SSC dolls it had when I moved here, so I doubt we'll be getting her anytime soon, which is why I resorted to ebay. I managed to win this one for $20 plus shipping, which isn't awful, considering she's $14.99 in Cracker Barrel.




Peach Blush is one of the few SSC characters I do not own in vintage form. I don't have any of the pricier ones. So no Peach, no Plum, definitely no Banana. (I also still don't have Angel Cake. I need to buy her boxed someday. I'm just really picky about her.)

So anyway, I can't compare her to the original at all, only talk about this one.

She smells nice and I love her outfit and shoes. Her hat was tied down with a gajillion plastic tabs, which I felt was unnecessary.






Cute art from the back of the box.

So yeah, the doll is cute, if not super accurate. The vintage version doesn't have flat hands or those shoes.

I'm happy to own her in some form, but I'll likely get the original someday!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment