Monday, December 10, 2018

REVIEW: Glitter Girls Eline & Amy Lu

Expect a lot of Glitter Girls over the next few weeks! I'm trying to get all the girls I want as soon as I can, because they had a big sale a few days ago (wish I'd known about it!) and sold out of a few characters.

Amy Lu and Eline were my top choices for next purchase, so I picked them, and then ordered the only Lacy available, who was an overpriced warehouse item. Like seriously, she cost more than the brand new dolls! But they charged me for her, then didn't ship her and refunded me. When I looked yesterday, there she was in stock brand new, so I cancelled the warehouse one and got a new one for the regular, lower price. She should be here Wednesday. I also have Elula coming likely tomorrow and I'll get at least one more come payday.

Anyway, Glitter Girls come in an open front box, so you can touch the doll without removing her from the packaging.



They're pretty easy to debox. You just cut the tape on the cardboard tab and slide the liner out. Then flip it over and cut the zip ties around the feet and neck. Both Eline and Amy Lu had something I've never seen before though. If you look in the photo, you'll see a single plastic strip. That goes through the girls' hair ties! Do not cut the plastic bands or Eline's braids will unravel! You have to rip the tape off and slide the plastic strip out. Then her hair will be fine. Amy Lu's doesn't really matter, since you'd pull off the plastic band anyway, as it's not by her ponytail holder.




Eline is a cute redhead with lovely dark blue eyes. She's got loads of freckles, which I love.

Her hairbow is sewn in, so I'm not touching it.

Like Kani who I reviewed before, her shirt unzips. There's no velcro in the back. That's a working zipper. You need to cut it loose though, which I haven't done yet. It's sewn in place. I love that the zipper is made up of two different colors! Nice detail.

I love her pants, too.




Amy Lu has a simpler outfit. Just a tee and shorts over leggings. I love the holographic glitter leggings. The shorts over them are actually smaller than the leggings. The leggings come up higher on her body than the shorts do! But it's not noticeable with the tee over the top.

She's got a little ponytail holder that's also sewn on. I'm not touching that either. And you can see the bump where her ponytail had been tied down in the box.

Both these girls have silky, lovely hair. This whole line has excellent hair.







I adore Eline's glitter jelly sandals. They're awesome. Amy Lu's short boots are cute, too, but I'm always going to prefer glitter blended into plastic to glitter that can shed. Not that she shed a lot, but still.




Here are my three all together.

Kani is the lightest, while Amy Lu and Eline are the same light tan.

Kani has darker brown eyes than Amy Lu, which is a nice touch. I like variation in eye color like that. They both have dark brown eyes, but not the same shade. How many doll lines can really say that?




One more shot before we go.

Elula tomorrow hopefully!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. Where do you get them from, just Amazon? I thought they were supposed to be through Target but I've never seen them at my Target or at Target online :0/...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've ordered all mine from Amazon. I've never seen them at any Target.

      Delete