Wednesday, December 12, 2018

OVERVIEW: Battat Glitter Girls

I've been posting a lot about Glitter Girls lately and I've been watching the listings on Amazon recently, and these girls are getting popular! Several of the characters keep selling out. So I thought we should take a look at what they're offering.

Battat is the company that makes Our Generation, the 18" doll line you see in Target. So they made a line to compete with Wellie Wishers, the 14" Glitter Girls.

Target is supposed to carry these, but only select stores do. Amazon is the best place to find them, although if you have TJ Maxx/Marshall's, check them for the older versions. I got my Poppy and Sarinia there.

There are 2 incarnations of Glitter Girls. The initial line contained 6 dolls. All of them are $19.99ish on Amazon. They all have the same oddly serene face. It's sort of pretty, sort of...not? They're much better in person than in their promos.







Bluebell is the brunette with blue eyes. Lots of pink going on here.




















Not to be confused with Sarinia, the brunette with brown eyes. Sarinia has darker hair and skin. Likely the Latina character. I love her boots.

You can see my Sarinia in the first photo.











Elula. She's my favorite of these six. Odd because I really don't care for blondes, especially blue-eyed blondes, very much at all. I like her though, because she has really white-blonde hair (and it's short) and paler blue eyes. I like her dress and print leggings, though the gold shoes just don't match.















Fifer is the green-eyed darker blonde. I love these girls' weird names. Fifer is definitely a fan of Adrienne Attoms from Project MC2! The cat shirt is great.



















Keltie is cute. Her name reminds me of kelpie. Heh. And I like her outfit a lot.


















Poppy the redhead. I initially thought she was a bit too much and I'm still not a fan of her outfit, but the doll is much prettier in person.










So that was the first line. They got revamped this year or perhaps late last year, not sure, and now they have new faces AND you can bend their limbs! The bending looks a bit odd. Sort of like Mattel Winx dolls, only weirder. The price went up to $20.95, but that's still cheap.

The same 6 girls are back from the first line and they're even wearing the same clothes.



Yep, they have big round anime eyes now! I'm not sure who they remind me of. They're definitely leaning to Hearts For Hearts Girls with the bigger eyes, but they're nowhere near as gorgeous as those.

Bluebell here is super popular. I'm not sure when these started picking up steam, but they did a 30% off sale on the 4th, which I missed, and ever since I've been paying attention again, there are a few characters who mostly stay sold out. Bluebell is one of them. They'll pop back in stock for a few minutes and then sell out again.









Elula is still very cute. Mine actually arrived today, but she had such crimps in her hair from being tied down that she had to have salon time, and I decided to just review her with Lacy tomorrow.

















I'm shocked Fifer isn't more popular. She hasn't sold out that I've noticed.


















Keltie's not sold out either.




















And neither had Poppy.

















Sarinia is the other super popular one along with Bluebell. I managed to squeak an order in for her half an hour ago or so, but she's not in stock until the 18th.

Sarinia looks super cute. This style definitely suits her.

So we've got those 6 girls AND another 6 NEW girls!











Amy Lu you met in Monday's review. A brown-eyed blonde! I'm a bit of a sucker for brown-eyed blondes. *cough*JULIE*cough* I like Amy Lu. She has a cute name with a unique spelling and her outfit is really casual compared to, say, Bluebell and Fifer, but still really cute.












Initially, Candice here was not my favorite. She has very dark blue eyes, which is cool, but I think they should have gone with black or a really dark auburn hair color instead of yet another brunette. She did however make her way into my cart a few minutes ago, because I noticed her listing said "in stock December 14th" and that's the sign of someone selling out. And I was right. Pretty sure I got the last one!













Eline is a CARROTS. I love the hair. Love the freckles. I guess she has the same eye color as Candice, so maybe not auburn hair for Candice. She still could have had black though. Eline's got one of the cutest outfits. I love the leggings and jellies. And in person, she's even cuter.













Kani is the only one with bangs. They should have given one of the 3 brunettes bangs. Anyway. Kani's adorable. I love her whole outfit except for the shoes. Although they do match, so points for that.

Kani was my first one of these and her photo in the Amazon listings was the reason I discovered this line.











Not to be confused with Fifer. Lacy is cuter than Fifer though. I love this whole outfit, but especially the shoes. Maybe other people feel the same, because this girl does not stay in stock! Until today, she was the only one of the new 6 to sell out.













Nelly is adorable from head to toe. These orange shoes are some of my faves from the entire line.

I am planning on buying her this week if I can. I was planning on her and Candice, but then that opportunity to get Sarinia came up and I couldn't resist.








So those are the dolls. Then we've got the outfits. There are a lot! The first series had 6 $12.95 outfit and 6 $9.95 outfits, then the second series added another 12 outfits in the same price breakdown. I noticed that they've updated the promo pics for the older outfits, showing them on the new style dolls, which is what prompted me to make this guide in case that confuses anyone.

There are going to be a lot of pics. Hang on. These are the original 6 $12.95 outfits.






This one is Dazzling Denim.

This one is total pastel prep, but it's also super cute. I would consider buying it.




















And here's the new promo featuring the new Elula.














Glisten and Glam.

I love everything but the shoes. Why yellow? They don't match anything!

















New Bluebell in the updated pic.




















Head to Toe Glimmer.

Cute, but not my style.














The original model is Fifer, but the new pic features Lacy in the outfit.



















Ride and Shine.

The line has multiple horses and I think a stable? So this makes sense.

I could not find an updated pic for this, possibly because the second set of outfits has another riding one.











Spot the Shimmer.

Bluebell looks super cute in this. It's not something I'd buy, but the shoes are great.
















And this photo is the reason I went to look at Candice's listing again. Because she's super cute redressed!














Sweet Dazzle.

This photo doesn't do this one justice, but the shot where Keltie was facing front was faded into a weird color. This thing's got it all. Ice cream sweater. Iridescent skirt. Knee socks and glitter gradient boots. I'll buy it.















There's a better look at it.














And then there are 6 $9.95 outfits.

Dressed to Dazzle.

I'm not sure how dazzling this is. It's incredibly casual. That said, I actually want it. It's simple, but cute.
















Even cuter on the new Sarinia.




















Getting Glittery.

Cute, but definite Wellie Wisher vibes here.















Kani looks fab in it though!



















Ladybug Shimmer.

Amazon called this one "Urban Twinkle." They are cute PJs, but seriously? Urban? Like what?


















Nelly looks great, but also like a toddler.















Shimmer Glimmer.

Another one with the wrong name. "Top and Tutu" is actually "Shimmer Glimmer." This is pretty cute. Not sure I'd get it, but I don't hate it.
















New Poppy looks excellent in it.


















Sparkling with Style.

Okay, this outfit is called "outfit sparkling with style" on Amazon and that sounded really generic, but I looked at the box and it's just "Sparkling with Style." That's better. It's not something I'd buy, but Poppy does look very cute in it.













Although Eline looks even cuter!


















Stay Sparkly.

This thing's straight outta Emerson's closet. Very Wellie.



















Amy Lu got left out of the outfits. I wonder if she would have been in the riding one. Hmm. This is Fifer. Not that they look different really, aside from eye color!









So then we have the accessory sets. They're $12.95 and they also got some updated pics with the new dolls.






Creative Art Kit

















Now with Sarinia.

Interesting that they popped her in this outfit and didn't just use Bluebell again.















Groom and Show.

I didn't see an updated pic for this, but I didn't look hard either. The horse stuff all bores me. If you guys want to see the larger items, you'll have to look them up yourselves.












Places to Go.


















Oh, here's Bluebell. Maybe this is why she didn't get the art photo, too.


















Sight for Bright Eyes.
















They're all pretty cute, but nothing I'd buy. I like the purse, phone with headphones and bracelet from Places to Go and the glasses from Sight for Bright Eyes.












And then as with the first line, we've got 12 outfits in different prices for the second line.

For $12.95...




A Scoop of Yummy Treats.

This thing is freakin' adorable, especially on Elula with her shorter hair and pigtails.


















Gallop and Glow.

The newer horse outfit. It's cute. The top and skirt would be good mixed and matched.















Have a Gradient Day.

This is so stinkin' cute! I love it. Definitely on the "to buy" list.
















It's Our Shimmering Moment.

I don't know why I love this golf outfit so much, but I really do. I'm getting young Jessica Wakefield golfing with Lila at the country club vibes from it. Unicorns wear purple.













Revealing Our Shine.

Really digging this one. It's also on the "to buy" list.




















Shine and Dash.

This is a really nice jogging outfit. Love the colors and the orange tank underneath. Also amused they're apparently making a pun on "dine and dash."








For $9.95...





Bubbly and Shiny.

Cute but the best part is the lime green jellies.

This may have been the pic that sold me on Bluebell.















Shine Bright.

Very casual cute. I do love the skirt.














Shiny Flowers in Bloom.

They had me at the unicorn purse. I love that strangely-colored blobby thing. And the holographic bow. And the shoes.














Sprinkles of Dreamy Glitter.


More like Sprinkles of Meh.



















Sweet Tooth.

Love it. All of it.















Upbeat and Jazzy.

Pretty cute, but pales in comparison to several others.









And now they've added shoe and legging packs! I just noticed these tonight. Packs with leggings and shoes are $9.95. Single pairs of shoes are $9.47. The shoes are fabric instead of the plastic ones from the dolls and previous outfit packs.




Bright Stars.

I actually love the brown glitter boots, but I'm not sure how much they would go with.











Flamingo Glow.

Really cute shoes. Might need them.











Flutter and Sparkle.

These are on my list for the leggings. The shoes are just okay.














Glitter on the Go.
















Rainy Day Shine.


Maybe.













Shine or Knot.













Sparkle Splatter.

















Starry Sneakers.

Maybe. If they'd ditched the pink and put red or black or even white, they'd be a definitely.










Stepping Starlight.

Now these are a definitely. The leggings are pretty and the shoes are super cute!












Okay, that is it for the Glitter Girls. As I said, there is more. There are several different horses, a donut delivery scooter, a photo booth, and a stable. Not things I plan on buying, but some cute stuff.

I'll have reviews as I get the girls in hand. Elula and Lacy are definitely planned for tomorrow! Likely in the evening because Lacy is coming UPS.

PHOTO CREDITS: Amazon promos.

4 comments:

  1. My Target never ever carried these, never available through Target online. I had heard rumors that TRU was going to sell them before they closed in the US. I also heard that Target did a pilot run in a few stores and I guess wasn't happy with the results? Curious if any select Target stores sell them now, although I guess it doesn't matter since my Target doesn't. I have bought a few of these through Amazon for my Sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know some Targets do carry them. I had asked for help finding the new ones and someone sent me photos from her Target. Amazon is good enough for me, as long as they get all the new stuff in!

      Delete
  2. There is a GG in pictures and in the Lucky Star outfit. She has brown hair and eyes and freckles. My daughter wants her and I can’t find her anywhere! Not even her name. Do you have any idea which doll that is? In some group pictures she has the long brown ponytails with lots of rubber bands down the pony tail. Help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post may help:
      https://venivididolli.blogspot.com/2020/07/update-glitter-girls-character-guide.html
      The one you're describing sounds like Ariadne, who a lot of people definitely want. She's not been produced yet, but I'm still hopeful.

      Delete