Saturday, December 8, 2018

REVIEW: FairyLand Cuties

Meet my newest obsession.

I guess they're technically called Li'l FairyLand Cuties, but I keep forgetting the Li'l part.

I got my first ones of these on Thursday and I've been solidly obsessed ever since. I didn't photograph the opening process, because I was too excited then, but this time I did it.

After opening some dolls already, as you can see from the pic.





Step 1: Cut zip tie holding the package shut.

Step 2: Peel back first layer of foil. This reveals the second layer with 2 pink packets taped to it.





Step 3: Open pink packets. The smaller one is a sheet of gem stickers. I throw those out. The larger is a character sticker. This tells you which doll you have, so you might want to skip opening it if you want to be surprised.





Step 4: Remove rubberband from the top of foil and peel off second layer. This reveals the third layer, which has three packets taped to it.






Step 5: Open packets. These are your wand, hair accessory and "birthstone."

I like to vary which packet I open first. The birthstone is fun, because then you try to guess who it is.





Step 6: Undo the rubberband and unwrap the third layer, which reveals the pink plastic egg inside. Then you open it and there's your new doll!




The hair accessory pops into the hole on the doll's hair and the wand goes over her arm.

There are 4 different hairstyles and 3 different bodies that are paired in different combinations.

Rosalinda the flower fairy has short hair that's spiky in the back and she's in the seated pose with only one arm outstretched to hold the wand.





Rae the sunshine fairy has what I call the Maleficent hairdo. 




And Flurrie the winter fairy has the short pointed hairstyle.

Each body type is used by 4 characters. Autumn, who I don't have, is the fourth seated doll.




The second body type is standing with legs apart and both arms down. While the seated dolls have a smooth dress, both types of the standing body have dresses with petals. This one has pointed petals.

This is Mae the spring fairy with the pointed hairdo.




Dusky the twilight fairy has this body with the Maleficent hair.

She's one of my top 3 favorites. I love her colors.




Lupina the flower fairy has the ponytail hairstyle with this body. Lupina's the only ponytail girl I have. The two I'm missing also have the ponytail.

I was a little disappointed she wasn't a werewolf fairy with a name like that, but it's also a neat-looking flower.






Lunara the moonlight fairy rounds out this body type. She's got the spiky hairdo.






Augusta the summer fairy has the third body type. This one is standing with legs together and one arm up, one arm down. The petals on this dress are more rounded. Augusta has the spiky hair.




Creepette the goosebumps fairy pairs the pointed hair with this body type.

This body frustrates me, because the wand would look so cute in the raised hand, which is even slightly curved as if to hold the wand, but the arm is too close to the head for it to look good. The wand gets crammed against the face and blocks it. It's just better on the other arm.




Briar the thorn fairy has this body and Maleficent hair. The fourth fairy with this type is Petunia, who has the ponytail hairdo.

A moment to appreciate that both Briar and Creepette have skulls in their hair and bat wings.




Speaking of wings, there are four types of those, too.

All of the seated body girls have these feathered wings.







While the arms down body girls have a more insectlike wing.






And the waving girls have either the bat wings, like Briar and Creepette, or these insectlike wings. They're fuller than the wings on the arms down girls. Augusta and Petunia have these.




The accessories are good and mostly don't repeat themselves. Mae and Rosalinda have the same wand and hairpiece. Dusky and Flurrie have the same wand, Augusta and Petunia have the same hairpiece, and so do Dusky and Lunara.




The dolls are roughly the same size as LOL Surprise. The biggest difference is that they're more simple. The fairies are not poseable and do not have removable clothing. However, they cost $5 each and LOLs are $10-$15 each.



I've been amazingly lucky with my collection. I ordered a 4-pack on Amazon for the super sale price of $11.99 and opened Mae, Rae, Creepette and Rosalinda. Then I ordered a 2-pack that arrived today and got Augusta and Lunara. And one of my best friends surprise sent me another 4-pack (you're the bestest!) and I got Briar, Dusky, Flurrie and Lupina! Not one double!!! Now I only need Autumn and Petunia. I have another 4-pack and 2-pack incoming. I ordered before knowing I'd be getting 6 dolls today instead of 2. But I'm not cancelling the order. I'm hoping to get my missing 2 girls and maybe one of the rares! (Rae has a glitter rare and Lunara a transparent, possibly glow in the dark, one.)

Being a big fan of fairies, I absolutely adore these girls. They look adorable on my old blue shelf that some of my LOLs used to live on. I can't wait to have all twelve characters!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine

3 comments:

  1. These are adorable. I really hope they make it to my country so I can get a few for a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the hair....and I'm not one who usually likes minis.

    ReplyDelete