Sunday, December 23, 2018

REVIEW: Cutetitos

One of my Flickr friends mentioned these to me and I saw them in Target today when I ducked in after work. There were only two on the shelf, so I got both.

These are $9.99 each and they're made by Basic Fun.

It's a really cute idea. The tortilla wrap is plush and it goes around a plushie character that remains hidden behind foil until you open the package.





Here it is outside the wrapper.

It almost looks real. I'm kinda hungry now.





When you pull the foil off, you get something that looks like the wrapped pink cat on the right. The orange cat is on the unrolled tortilla.

Yeah, I got two cats. Of course. I mean, they're cute, but I would have preferred a different animal type.





They have an embroidered glittery chili pepper on one side of their butts. That's their Hot Spot, which identifies their personality type: Mild, Medium, Hot or Super Spicy!

The tortillas fasten with velcro.






Super cute paw detailing on the back feet.






Little faces! These guys are really soft beanie plush and they're very nicely-made. Even the tortilla is like a high quality tortilla plush. (I know, it sounds weird.)

They're about 6 inches long and then the tortilla is bigger.






Each Cutetito comes with a collector card. I forgot to take a pic of the back, which has art of most of the characters. You can see the actual plush on their website, which I'll link to at the end.

Even though I got two cats, I'm not entirely grumpy about it, because a) they're different, b) they're cute, and mostly c) the hot pink one is a super spicy ultra rare!

There are a buttload of blind-packed toys out right now, but I am truly impressed with these. For $9.99, the same price as a LOL pet, you get a good-sized, nice quality beanie plush toy in a cute wrap that's also a quality piece. I'm planning on ordering some on Amazon, so we'll see who I get next!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

RECOMMENDED SITE:
http://www.basicfun.com/brandoverview/cutetitos

No comments:

Post a Comment