Saturday, December 15, 2018

REVIEW: My Little Pony 35th Anniversary Repro Unicorn & Pegasus Set

Okay, not so much a review as "Here are a bunch of pictures," but there's really not much to say about repro ponies. I don't have my original Moondancer and Glory here. They're still in storage, so I can't take comparison photos.

So let's just look at these. They finally came in stock on Target.com and I was able to order the full set. $9.99 each like all the repro ponies.












I think Firefly is one of the most well-known vintage MLP characters. I've never been a big fan of her, although I do have a Baby Firefly. Pretty sure they lightened her up a lot for this repro line. I remember her being darker.








Firefly is the only one of the six with a dark pink ribbon and comb.









She's cute!










Pegasus #2 is Medley.

Her ribbon and brush are light pink.









Medley is very monochromatic, which works in her favor. I think her vintage had more contrast and I prefer this one.








Also cute from the front. Same pose as Firefly.










Now the other four are unicorns. Twilight is the same bright shade of light pink as Firefly.

Her brush and ribbon are bright blue.









I was never interested in her when I collected vintage, but I do love this repro.








Cute! I always love the chubbiness of vintage ponies.








GLORY! Glory is one of my big favorites. She was my second pony in childhood.

I forgot to mention that like the Rainbow ponies, these have poseable heads, which is why Glory looks different than Twilight here, though they're the same pose.










Her accessories are light pink.












It's so awesome to have a super-white Glory! I hope she ages better than the vintage ones.







And speaking of childhood faves, here's Moondancer! Glory may have been my second childhood pony, but Moondancer was my first!











Her accessories are bright blue.








What a face! I love her.










And finally, here's Sunbeam. Sunbeam is my 3rd fave from this set. I didn't have her in childhood, but she's lovely.











Like Firefly, Sunbeam has a unique accessory color: yellow.









She shares a pose with Moondancer.









Childhoooooooooooood ponies! Yeah! This set is definitely the best of the 3 they've done. I hope they keep on making more. I can't wait to see who's next!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment