Wednesday, December 12, 2018

REVIEW: Glitter Girls Elula and Lacy

I've been making poor Elula wait to be reviewed until Lacy arrived. Well, she got here today, but her hair had been very messed up in transit and the twist at the front was ruined. I had to do some major work on her hair, including trimming, so Amazon refunded me and I'm watching for her to come back in stock. So a fully stock Lacy review will be in the future and I'm going to make this one her twin. Tracy or Macy or Stacy or something. She'll get a new name after I buy her a fashion pack.

So let's look at Elula first. She needed some work, too. I hate that Battat sews the barrettes into their hair, but they also had part of her hair pulled back, so I cut the barrette out, took out the plastic band hair tie, and then gave her a long conditioning treatment, because she had crimps in her hair from the hairtie and from where it had been held down in the package.




Her hair came out perfectly straight, which was fab. These dolls have really amazing hair. It's soft and easy to work with.

Elula doesn't like wearing her giant gold bow, but here it is for the review.

I love her hot pink top and printed leggings. The gold accents I'm not completely sold on. I think silver would have gone better. But she can always change!





Here is Lacy still in the middle of her hair drying. I'm amazed how her hair came out. You would never know a huge chunk on the left had been all crimped from being in a twist! She's now got a long, loose hairdo similar to Elula's. I'll play around with it more once she's fully dried. This twin is going to be the more tomboyish one, so loose hair suits her more than the twist and bow barrette.

Lacy's hair is pretty bizarre though. It's about a million different lengths. Oddly choppy.





Lacy obviously has the superior shoes. I'm not a huge fan of pink, but hot pink is awesome, no matter how bright or light a shade of hot pink.

I love little flats with bows.





Not my best lighting. I'll have to remember to do reviews during the day unless they're for small things. But here are Lacy, Amy Lu and Elula, my three blondes. I'll get a better shot in the day, but Lacy is strawberry-blonde and Elula is obviously white-blonde.

Lacy's eyes are a violet-blue, while Elula's are just light blue.





Lacy's stock bow.

I need to go pick out a fashion pack for this girl!

I'll have another review Friday, because Candice is coming early!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment