Tuesday, December 18, 2018

REVIEW: Barbie Fashionistas 107, 108 and 110

New Barbies, what?

It's that time again when the new Fashionistas come out and I get momentarily hooked.

A bit more difficult this time though, because most of my Barbie stuff is in storage. Only one doll is here in the apartment. And I know the clothes are buried, so I don't think I'll be digging them out anytime soon.

Gah, these girls really need clothes, too.

Anyway, Walmart put out the new set and this one immediately caught my eye. I know I saw pics of this particular line and there was only one I liked from the promos, but of course, I changed my mind when I saw them in person.




107 is stunning. Gorgeous face and I love the dark brown shaved part of her hair in contrast with the silky silver side.

Her biggest issue is that her head is not the same color as her body. I don't know how they screwed up that badly on her, but it's pretty noticeable.

Her outfit isn't completely awful, but it's not great either. Both the top and skirt might be okay mixed with different pieces. Those shoes are hideous though.





Such a pretty face.

I totally didn't get a side shot of her head. I really should know better than to do reviews after work.






Sort of the side? That counts, right?

Sigh.

I also didn't take a pic of her sunglasses. She's holding them in the boxed pic. They're not interesting.

Can't wait to get her in something else!





108 is the other one I picked out last night. I had no interest in her from the promo pics, but in person, she was a definite.

SHE IS COVERED IN FRECKLES.

Like head to toe.





Could that outfit have more random colors? The dress isn't horrid on its own. It's an interesting material, but then they stuck an orange fanny pack and green shoes with it. WHY?

I mean, the decision to add a fanny pack of any color is automatically questionable.

The shoes aren't bad, but not with this outfit.







I think this is one of the most unique Fashionistas they've done yet.

I don't get this disjoint between the amazing dolls and the horribly ugly clothing.









I'm not sure how well this is going to show, but she's all freckles.

It's so cool.






She has a gorgeous sculpt, too. It's more dramatic than the flash shows. Amazing cheekbones.









So then last night when I got home, I flipped over the box and noticed 110 had green in her hair. I have no idea how I missed it in the store, but I didn't pick her up either.

I had to go back for her.











And naturally, I somehow forgot to take a full body shot. She has the best shoes of the three, too. Little black heels.

Argh. Sorry.

But yeah, another stunning doll, another terrible outfit.

A holographic glitter basketball jersey as a dress.

REALLY.




She is epic gorgeous though.

I will get you some better clothes, poor thing.

I did pick up a couple others and set them back down. 105 (curvy girl with afro) and 113 (blonde in red plaid) might make it here eventually. I liked both, but not enough to buy them immediately. 103 in the color block dress was the one I initially thought I'd want from the line, but there were only 3 to pick from and all had wonk. I will keep an eye out for her though. I do want her. I just want a good one.





If you like any of these 3 girls I got and you see them on the shelf, I recommend picking them up. Unless your store gets a better assortment than mine did, there won't be many there for you to come back for! 110 and 108 had only 2 each to pick from and 107 had only 3.

I really love all three of these and I'm dying to get them redressed. I'll be checking out the fashion packs the next time I go to the store, but I decided to have some fun and order a cheapie random assortment of dresses off Amazon, too. I love cheapie knockoff things, so that should be fun to open.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. Question though. Considering I'm hoping to use this doll for customization once I get supplies on hand because I absolutely adore all the different body types and the beautiful face molds. Do they have regular bend and snap knees? Like the older barbies? Or are their legs regular plastic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're regular harder plastic, not the old click style.

      Delete