Monday, April 24, 2017

FAVORITES: Disney Fairies

Disney Store Tink
I've been really into Disney Fairies again lately, so I thought I'd look at my favorite doll version of each character. 

I'm going to try to make myself choose only one, but there may be some with two, like Tink. 

I absolutely adore the rather pouty, more sedate original Disney Store Tink. Tink is cute when she smiles, but let's face it, she's an extremely moody character, so I like this take on her when she's not overly bubbly and all smiles. 

Giochi Lost Treasure Tink
The other Tink I adore is Giochi Preziosi's Lost Treasure doll. The detailing on her is wonderful! Her hair is cut perfectly and she's got a little smile, but it's not overbearing. 

Let's keep going with the original book fairies.

I had to start the line with Tink, but second can only be my absolutely fave ever, Vidia. 

 
Disney Store Vidia

The original Disney Store Vidia was so hard to wait for, because they didn't put her, Lily or Bess in with the first release of dolls. But when I finally got her, it was love. Her face is stunningly beautiful and her outfit is very well-designed. I love the choice of materials, especially on the burgundy pieces. 

This Vidia is my #1 favorite Disney Fairies doll. 

Disney Store Rani
Fan favorite Rani got a few dolls, but once the movies took over the merchandise, she was forgotten. Sadly, because she's awesome and I kept waiting for them to do her arrival in the movies or even the arrival of just one of the original book fairies! Sigh. 

Anyway, Rani's best doll is easily her original Disney Store doll. She is second only to Vidia in terms of beauty. Her outfit is gorgeous and her face is just...wow. This doll is part of the reason I made myself get over my original dislike for the character. (I tend to find myself not liking the overly popular characters.) The only flaw of this doll is that the wings on the Disney Store dolls are sewn to the clothing, so she can't be wingless. Rani should always have the option of going wingless.

Disney Store UK Prilla soft doll
My favorite toy for Prilla is a bit of an odd choice. From the art, you could see that Prilla was a more curvy fairy, but her toys had the same bodies as the others. The Disney Store doll is cute, the Playmates figure is very cute and my second fave, but the best Prilla item in my opinion is the plush doll from the Disney Store UK. She's the only doll of Prilla that rounds her out a bit more. They did a great job on her shoes, too, which the original doll got way wrong. 

Prilla is pretty much the main character of the original fairy book, so it's disappointing that she got so little merchandise. She really didn't get much when you think about it. 

Playmates 3.5" Fira (variant colors)
Fira has one of the most beautiful designs of the lot, but her original Disney Store doll missed the mark on her. Her 8" Playmates doll is much better, but my favorite Fira is the 3.5" Playmates doll. Her face is so lovely! I only recently got the single-packed one in her regular book clothes, so my choice for fave is the one I've had for years: the variant that came with Beck in a 2-pack. 

Honorable mention for Fira goes to the Disney Store UK plush. Why oh why didn't they make Rani, too? Wah!

Disney Store Beck

If Anne of Green Gables was a blue-eyed fairy, she'd be Beck. This doll is just so cute! Beck was one of the ones I wanted the most originally. I think she's probably my mom's fave. She loves the cute ones that look a little younger. Beck's outfit is also stellar. Loads of detail. I wish they'd gotten the boots right, but the effort is better than what Prilla got anyway! If you look up at the pic of Fira, you can see how Beck's boots are supposed to look. 

Unfortunately, Beck hardly got any toys. This doll and the 3.5" Playmates ones are the only ones I can think of, aside from a couple PVC figures.

Playmates 3.5" Bess
Bess is the fan favorite that I didn't mind. A ton of people loved her, but it never bothered me the way the Rani adoration did. I really don't remember why. Maybe because Rani was weepy and interrupted people a lot, which is one of my pet peeves.  

Like Beck, Bess suffers from massive lack of toys. Her original doll is cute, but this 3.5" is my current favorite. 

Disney Store Lily









Also lacking toys was Lily. Her Disney Store doll is absolutely stunning though and that helps make up for the lack of options. Her outfit is so detailed and all the different materials used are fantastic. 

Playmates 3.5" Queen Clarion






Queen Clarion got a few dolls with her movie look, but I hated the changes done with her for the movies. The only real Clarion toy to me is the Playmates small figure. She's far more interesting in outfits of multiple colors!

There are other book fairies that got toys, but they mostly only got one figure, so I'm leaving Pluck, Iris and Dulcie out. (Even though Iris got two toys, I've only ever owned one.)

I'm also skipping over Terence. He got a few items, but I don't own any anymore, and they never made a toy of his book appearance, which is the best-looking. 

So moving on to the girls popularized by the movies and the reason I started this whole post. 

Giochi Preziosi Rosetta in flower gown
I just got this amazing Rosetta and decided she's the best Rosetta, so I got the idea to make this post. 

I've wanted this flower dress doll and the Silvermist one, too, for years, but I stupidly did not buy them when they came out. Still kicking myself, but slightly less now that I own Rosetta. I lucked into finding an American seller with her for a super price and she arrived today. 

Giochi could really nail an outfit when they wanted to. This dress is just gorgeous. 

So this Rosetta takes the spot from Pirate Fairy Rosetta, but they're practically a tie honestly. I love the deluxe Jakks Rosettas. 

Jakks Pirate Fairy Rosetta 
Rosetta has had some lovely dolls. I liked the original set of movie dolls from the Disney Store, even though I only have Silvermist left, and she had some pretty regular Jakks dolls, too.

Let's move on to Silvermist, the other one you mostly saw on shelves.

Disney Store Silvermist

Silvermist is a tie. I have to put the original Disney Store doll here, because she's the one that, despite being based on the movie, manages to capture the original serene look of the book character best. Honorable mention to the first Playmates 3.5" Sil for that, too.

My very favorite Sil though has to be the Jakks deluxe edition. Her face is just drop dead gorgeous. 

Jakks deluxe Silvermist
She was much harder to find than the rest of the line, but man, was she ever worth looking for! Her outfit is great, minus the shawl thing, but her face is what makes this doll. 

Giochi Preziosi Lost Treasure Fawn
For the spunky Miss Fawn, we go back to Giochi Preziosi. They really nailed the character and gave her a great detailed outfit to boot. 

I think Jakks could have been a contender here if they'd ever bothered to give Fawn a deluxe doll! She was the main character of the final movie, but she didn't get a deluxe doll then. Ridiculous. We did get this taunting little beauty though. 

Jakks Basic and Neverbeast Fawns



The Neverbeast Fawn has a new headmold that would have been the one used on her deluxe doll, had they ever made one for her. 

One of my biggest disappointments in the entire franchise is that Jakks never made deluxes for Vidia, Iridessa and Fawn. Really epically dropped the ball there, Jakks. 

Fawn's more basic Jakks dolls were really cute, too, like the one on the left in the photo.

Giochi Lost Treasure Iridessa





Giochi really nailed Iridessa just like they did Fawn. I've never seen an Iridessa so perfect. Neither Jakks nor the Disney Store could even come close. 

There are some other movie characters that got dolls, like Zarina, Glimmer and Chloe, Marina (one small doll that I don't have), and Periwinkle and Spike. 

Zarina's best is her deluxe. Glimmer and Chloe only got one larger doll and one smaller doll each, so obviously I like the larger ones. Spike is my second fave after Vidia, so her large and small dolls are both treasured, but not worth picturing because there are only the two to choose from. 

So that leaves Perwinkle for the last doll. She's gotten a LOAD of them. However, I somehow do not have a photo of my favorite Peri! She's the deluxe Jakks one that's not from the first line or the Pirate Fairy, although Pirate Fairy is also amazing. I'm going to have to use a group shot. 


She's in the middle of the shelf between Spike and Tink. I love the dress on that doll and I was so happy when they got her hair right after giving the first deluxe a ponytail. 

So that about wraps things up! I don't think I missed anyone, but let me know if I did. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment