Tuesday, April 11, 2017

OVERVIEW: It's a Small World

Morocco and Japan
One more entry for the night! You can see why I had to follow up Cherry Merry Muffin with these girls. When Mattel stopped making the CMM dolls, they used the molds for these six little cuties. They were made in 1993 and represent Disney's It's a Small World.

The eyes and shoes are both painted differently than the CMM line and a different plastic was used for the limbs, but they're obviously still very similar.

I don't have any photos of my collection still on their backcards, but I'm sure there are some photos on ebay if anyone's curious.

North America and Mexico


The dolls each have their country name stamped on their outfit somewhere. I think they're all incredibly cute and it's nice to see such a diverse line. Mexico and Germany are the only two dolls to not have brown eyes!

Morocco and Germany are my favorites, but I love each one. They're all just super adorable. I think my only real complaint is that the Native American doll is called "North America." I think they should have done something else, because you know what's also in North America? Mexico.

Germany and Nigeria
 


The German doll took me the longest to find, because she would turn up in large expensive lots or she'd be loose and her hair would be a wreck. I got her in January 2012, while I'd had the others since October 2010.

These are my favorite Small World dolls. The large ones from the Disney Store were pretty cute, but I don't think they have anything on these!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. I just ordered these dolls on ebay! I love your photos you took of your dolls. They look so adorable being bright and happy. The ones I just bought are in their packages but they have been taken out. The one you refer to as North America, I believe means Native American because the package says America yet the label from the photo says N America. I could be wrong I believe the N means Native.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she's supposed to be Native American. I just liked North America because it fits with the location theme.

      Delete