Tuesday, April 11, 2017

OVERVIEW: Cherry Merry Muffin

Grape Ice, Penny Peppermint and Banancy
You would think I would have been really into these girls, but I wasn't! They're 6.5" scented dolls a little reminiscent of Strawberry Shortcake. Mattel produced various lines from 1988-1990.

This is going to be a short entry, because I only have three of these!

I always liked Chocolottie, who was in the first line, but I never got her, because I preferred the Series 2 version with green eyes. I never got that one either, so there's no Chocolottie in my little collection. Maybe someday!

Banancy is my only one from 1988's Series 1 set. She doesn't look like a doll I'd really gravitate toward, but I do. I think she's adorable.

Penny Peppermint is my fave from the whole series. She's just crazy cute and I'm a sucker for red. The wild curls on the top of her head are a little weird, but I just decided Penny's the eccentric of the group. She's from 1989's Series 2.

Grape Ice is my Series 3 doll. I did have Peach Perfection for awhile, but ended up either selling or trading her. 1990's Series 3 is the hardest to find set. Cookies and Cream is still on my wishlist. I just don't often shop for these girls.

CMM is a pretty simple line. There are only 3 series of dolls with 5, 6 and 4 characters (5 dolls counting the black version of CMM). There were really cute miniatures made, plus some playsets and fashions.

I think I might have to wander off to ebay now and see if I can find the Chocolottie and Cookies and Cream that I want!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

RECOMMENDED SITE:
http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/cherrymerrymuffin.php

4 comments:

  1. Love that little cupcake and the overall peppermint theme. Such nice photography with your background choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I should really get more of those colored papers to use as backgrounds again.

      Delete
  2. Gosh I thought it was fabric. Scrapbook paper would work great for these little dolls especially with all the variety of the 12" X 12" size paper available. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's all it is! I unfortunately lost all mine to hurricane damage and never replaced them. I'll have to make a mental note to buy more.

      Delete