Monday, April 3, 2017

MONTH IN REVIEW: March 2017

Tulipop Gloomy and Fred
It has been a slow month for dolls, that's for sure! This month in review is going to be mostly plushies, so if you're not interested, you may as well move on. Like I said last time, it's doll lull, so I've been spending mostly on plush.

I pre-ordered Tulipop's Gloomy and Fred through my comic store and they arrived early in the month. I love Fred in particular, but Gloomy's really cute, too. 

LOL Surprise Rocker




The second wave of LOL Surprise finally made their way to stores, only to complete frustrate people because they only needed 3 regular and 3 limited edition balls but the assortment still held repeat after repeat from the first wave. I threw up my hands and went running to ebay to complete my collection. I still need the little twin babies, but I'm not in a rush. 

Enesco Nici giraffe







Many years ago, my mom and I were in this gift shop across from the mall back at home and I found a display of Enesco Nici items. There was an enormous giraffe that was probably four feet tall. I wanted him, but I didn't have $200 to spend on a giant plush. Well, I found this guy, who's much smaller at 21", on ebay for only $21, so I had to have him, Hes not the big guy, but he's a pleasant reminder.









I picked up one new vintage thing this month and that was the poseable Rainbow Brite. These poseables are annoyingly hard to find. I'm not sure they were released in the US. The others in the line are Twink, Baby Brite and Patty O' Green. I'm just hoping to add Patty to my collection someday. Not really interested in the other two. 


Not vintage, but definitely not new either! I finally completed my set of Tokyo Mew Mew food figurines. I've been after them all, although obviously not looking very frequently, for years. Lettuce was the last one I needed and I bought her on ebay at last. Mint will always be my fave. I had her for ages before I got around to buying the others. 









Spook got a friend from The Monster Cafe. I actually have a third one arriving possibly tomorrow, possibly Tuesday. I love these handmade plush. The materials are neat and I love the color combos. I still don't have a name for Mr. Orange and Black here, because most of what pops in my head seems too obvious! 









I've been on a dinosaur kick this month, so Patrick Parasaurolophus by Jellycat made a nice addition to my pack of dinos. 

I got a whopping ten new Charlie Bears this month. I'm not going to put up photos of all of them, since it's almost time for me to do another collection in depth on those. My "hug" as they call it is growing so quickly! I think I'm at 43 now. Although a fellow collector from Australia has only been collecting as long as I have, about a year, and said she's got around 200. Yikes! I feel rather conservative compared to that. 

Pansy and Daisychain

I have been a little more into the Heather Lyell-designed bears like Pansy and Daisychain here. I have five more of them on my want list, but I'm trying to cut back on buying old ones until I see if any pre-orders are coming in this month. Joining Charlie Bears groups on Facebook is awesome for meeting fellow collectors and seeing real photos of bears, but it's really hard on my wallet! 







Melody's awesomeness reminded me that I NEED to get Addy this year. I need to get Addy in the next few months really, because Nanea is coming in August or so. I also need to rearrange my computer desk display shelves, because the American Girls need more space!













Another reawakened old love is Disney Fairies. I've been pretty successful at finding the 3.5" Playmates fairies I realized not long ago that I'd accidentally donated before we moved. Tink and Bess are back in my home, Prilla is on her way, and I've got the book versions of Beck and Fira now, too. I just had the 2-pack variant outfit ones before. Rani is also back, although I'll still be looking for an upgrade for her. I do love fixing up toys though and mine is still pretty, so I'm happy to have her.


I got this amazing recumbent Anubis plush on Amazon. I love Anubis and Seth. They're my two primary deities, so I collect items of them when I can. I'm kind of picky, since I've got some great stuff that's hard to top. And also because a lot of merchandise gets Seth's ears wrong! This Anubis is fabulous though. I love him so much. 









Two more bears and then I'm done! Red Liquorice was a Today's Special offer from my stockist. She's been on my want list for ages, so I couldn't resist scooping her up. She goes perfectly with Chuck and Clancy, too. Red is interesting because she has a sixth joint. Most CBs have five joints: neck, arms and legs. Red has one in the middle of her torso, so she can turn sideways like so. It's really neat and I need to look up which others have this feature! She's also a standing bear, so she's got two special features, which is unusual.




And finally, this big guy to the left is named Kuma. He's 20" tall, but he's got as much girth as my biggest bear, who's 21". He's much darker in person. The flash picked up on all his subtle colors. Kuma's definitely one of my new favorites. Charlie Bears are called the "bears with personalities" and you can certainly see why when you look at Kuma. 

So that takes care of March. Technically, Kuma arrived on April 1st, but I didn't want to wait to share him. He's so gorgeous. 

I'm hoping to have some more doll stuff next month, but I'm not sure what's coming out. I will have a review of the DC Superhero Girls Supergirl of Krypton coming up, since I just bought her on ebay. And the signature Katana comes out on the 15th, so there will be that, too. Not sure if we'll see any new Monster High, Ever After High, Descendants 2 or any of the other new lines for this year, but it'd be cool if a little bit of new stuff came out! 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment