Thursday, September 1, 2016

MONTH IN REVIEW: August 2016

Enchantica Furza
The month started off with a bunch of dolls coming in. First, though, I got this gorgeous dragon statue and another smaller one. Someday, I hope to have the blue and orange ones from this series. I've loved dragons since I was quite young, and I was obsessed with the Dancing Dragon catalog and all its goodies. Furza and her siblings graced the cover once and they were always highly coveted, but above my price range at that age.

Equestria Girls Sunset Shimmer
I got extremely lucky and found Sunset Shimmer in TRU. I have not seen her since. This is like the only MLP item that's actually rare right now. I love her and she's stood on my coffee table ever since she came home.

Twilight Teens Panthera and Voodoona








I bought a set of two Twilight Teens on ebay solely because I wanted Panthera. I only had Voodoona for the longest time, so naturally, she was the other one in the lot. I still have her boxed, waiting for a new home. I love this line and would have bought all of them if we only got them in the US.

EAH's Jillian Beanstalk
I bought a ton of stuff at Target on August 5th, including EAH Jillian and the disappointing Meeshell, MH minis 3-packs, and Ghoul's Beast Pet Frankie and Draculaura. I had a mass deboxing party that night and opened up all the things that had been backlogged. It took ages, but it was fun.

Jillian is one of my fave EAH dolls. Excellent smile, great color combos, and barely any corners cut!

Spritelings Echo











I also got Echo from Spritelings around the same time. That's the same day he got his picture taken anyway. He's my third plush from Spritelings and my favorite by far. He's very sweet and cuddly.

Miraculous Marinette
I saw the Miraculous dolls at the same time as all the others, but I could only get so much. I ended up going back for Marinette and then Ladybug and Chat Noir, and ordering the two plush off Amazon.

Pebble and Oceana











I love handmade toys and I was very excited to add Pebble and Oceana, two crocheted nymphs, to my collection.

Rogue!
A well-timed trip to TRU yielded the new Rogue figure, which I absolutely adore. I love action figures and old comic characters, even if I don't buy a lot of them like I used to many years ago.

Li'l Shoppies








Skelanimals Marcy as Harley Quinn




The same trip to TRU also got me Li'l Shoppies Sara Sushi. I'd gotten Spaghetti Sue and Kirstea earlier in the month, but Sara's my favorite. Of course. Her doll is also my favorite Shoppie.

I'm not huge into Skelanimals, but I couldn't resist ordering the Marcy monkey as Harley Quinn from my comic shop. She was in my pull box on August 10th and she's adorable!

Then came my SDCC stuff. Oh, my! I got Robecca and Hexiciah and Ghostbusters Frankie from MH, EAH's Cedar Wood in her freaky puppet form, DC Superhero Girls Katana, and the amazing She-Ra doll!

DCSG Katana



Frankie got photographed in box, then set aside to be sold. She's very cute, but I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan and the property just doesn't mesh well with MH. The little story they figured out was cutesy, but it didn't do it for me. Maybe if it was another character. I'm kinda over Frankie.

Hexiciah is amazing, but I just couldn't get into the shiny gold Robecca, so one of my other Robeccas stole her dress and shiny Becca has found a new home,

The phenomenal She-Ra!
Cedar is so freaky gorgeous! I love the entire concept behind this doll and that they had the guts to actually do it. It's also super fun that she works as a marionette.

Katana I love, but I have a few issues with the design of the doll. Her hands don't hold her weapons well and her armor could have been done better. She's beautiful and we needed her in the line, but I hope the regular release (that better be made) is better-designed.

She-Ra though. She-Ra. Absolute PERFECTION. I NEED this line to continue. NEED.

New Charmin' Farm Friends cow!
Remember when I posted about Charmin' Farm Friends? Well, I finally got another one! Annabelle Moo in a pretty spring green has joined Patty Jo. She's been mostly deflocked, but these are so rare, I don't even care.

I didn't know this green version of Annabelle even existed. I love learning more about obscure lines.

Fat Dragons Lulu
I've been into the Fat Dragons plush line from 1991 recently, because I got four old Dancing Dragon catalogs and of course decided I needed to locate some of the old products on the pages. I remember always wanting one of these big dragon plush. Lulu and Sidney, a purple male, were in all the catalogs I got from ebay, so I set my sights on Lulu and lucked into finding her! She's soft and huggable, but quite large at 19" tall. I got her first, then got a great deal on Sidney, who's really enormous at 21", but I couldn't pass him up for only $19. Then I got Archie, a smaller 14" one. I think that's enough dragons for me, as the others aren't as colorful or cute. Except the yellow female. I'd buy her for a decent price.

Project MC2's Ember and Devon




I fell in love with Project MC2 newbies Ember and Devon and thankfully managed to acquire them quickly. I adore these two and I really love the show, which I finally got around to watching.

I picked up a bunch of blind box toys, too. Finally scored Jasmine from the Funko Disney Princess line and got five of the Funko Barbie line. I still need Mulan, Pocahontas and Belle from Disney, and Day to Night and Rockers from Barbie. I'll likely get them off ebay. And I got into the Gift'ems, little adorable plastic gift boxes with tiny world-themed figures inside. Sadly, they're hard to find in my area, so I only have a handful.

I also picked up Dance the Fright Away Abbey, the first reboot Abbey MH has put out. I still need Deuce and Moanica from the same line.

Vintage Blueberry Muffin!
On August 30th, I finally got a vintage Blueberry Muffin. Blueberry is one of my favorite SSC characters, possibly my very favorite from the pre-international characters, although Raspberry and Lime are also heavy contenders, so I can't say for sure. I saw her many years ago at an antique mall, but I didn't want to ask my dad for her. Asking my dad for stuff is something I was always shy about. I regret not asking though because it took me so long to get her! Blueberry's something that always hung in the back of my mind as a collection need, but whenever I had spare money, there was never a good deal and I got distracted from her so easily. Well, not a problem anymore, because she's finally here. Now I just need Angel Cake, and maybe someday Peach and Plum.

Bleeding Edge Goths Siphon Veins
My BEGoths overview post got me thoroughly back into them and I finally tracked down a decent deal on my most wanted: Siphon Veins! Only I ordered her from Amazon and the doll had a horribly yellowed face and a wonky eye, so she went right back. I lucked into there being a foursome of dolls on ebay at the same time and I bought it, so I got my Siphon, a Serpentina to keep in her original fashion, a Red Riding Storm that's currently up for sale, and a blue Pandora, who sadly is a bobblehead. Her poor neck is broken! Her head is still on, but it wobbles all over, which is a shame, because she was the Crypt Club version and is quite rare. Even the regular purple Pandora is pretty rare. Both Siphon and Serpentina got the Dawn treatment and they turned out absolutely lovely. I adore Siphon.

The captivating Olivias!

I also got great deals on ebay. I got a white-haired, white dress Suzisin Ful for $6.99 and a purple Olivia O'Lantern for $15.99. I fully admit that I was wrong about this Olivia. I still love my green girl, but enough time has passed that I see the beauty of regular purple Olivia.

Suzi though. I got sent the wrong one! I got the white dress version, but with the RED hair. Now it was actually a better deal, since she's the other variant along with my red hair/red dress version so she's worth more, but I wanted the white. The seller told me to keep her and I mentioned I'd happily buy the white one if they came across her.

Technically, Suzi and Olivia should both be September's month in review, since they arrived today, but I wanted to post these BEGoths closer to the actual BEGoths overview entry, and I just wanted to show them off! I definitely hope to have more BEGoths dolls and vinyls as part of September's wrap-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment