Thursday, September 8, 2016

FRIDOLL FIVE #15

#15: Stand(s) in the Place Where You Live

1. Do you have any doll stands?

Yes, but not too many.


2. For those of you who have doll stands: What kind of stands do you like best? (metal, wooden, telescoping/adjustable, saddle, waist-clamp)

For those of you who don't have doll stands: Is there any particular reason?

I don't care for stands mostly, because they take up a LOT of space. Shelf space is at a premium and stands mean I can't place the dolls as close together. I do love the ones from MH's Haunted line though, because making flying dolls look like they're hovering is cool. And I have them on certain dolls to make display possible, because some need added stability. Like my Lum dolls that have pointed feet.


3. For people who display their dolls on shelves, etc: Do you put them in poses? Use stands? Have them standing or sitting?

For people who store their dolls: Do you store them sitting, standing, lying down? Do you do anything special to protect their hair or face?

Most of them are just standing all in a row, because I can fit the most that way. I do have several seated though and some have a little pose going on, but nothing drastic.

For storage, they're lying down.


4. Have you ever customized or tweaked a doll to increase poseability?

Don't think so. It doesn't matter much to me.


5. Do you prefer dolls that can stand on their own, or does it not matter?

That doesn't matter since 99% of dolls can't do this on a steady basis. I'd only have like 18" dolls, some 80s small dolls, and the DC Super Hero Girls if that was a necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment