Friday, September 23, 2016

OVERVIEW: Princess Magic Touch

Back of package
Princess Magic Touch is a line that didn't catch my attention in childhood at all. I don't remember how I got into them, but it was likely the Ghost of the Doll website or I may have picked one up at Saver's. Either way, I started collecting in 2009.

It took me a little while to get going on these, because they're not easy to find complete. The dolls have little tiny shoes and necklaces which are frequently missing from any dolls sold outside their packages. The panties also had a tendency to go missing.

Each doll came with a magic wand and an accessory that was activated by the magnets in each piece.

Candy
There were seven dolls in the line, but only five were produced.

Blonde, pink-wearing Princess Magic Touch came in both white and black versions. The other girls were all white with varying hair and eye colors.

Candy Magic Touch is the blonde in purple. I love her very solemn face. She was the one that got me into the line.

Twirl Magic Touch is the curly-haired blonde in blue. She's got the nice big smile that makes her stand out from my others.

Twirl


Fancy Magic Touch was the first one I got mint in package, so I got to see the shoes for the first time with her. She has light reddish-brown hair and is very pretty in peach.

Fancy
 The two other girls sadly did not get made. I have never seen either for sale or any photo of them beyond what's in the pamphlets accompanying the dolls.

Pamphlet showing Twinkle and Glitter







I really wish they'd made these two! Twinkle looks like she either has brown hair or an auburn darker than Fancy's. And Glitter would have been my favorite. Black hair in a purple dress? Yep, favorite. Plus, I love her flower accessory.

The line had a ton of playsets, but I never bought any of them. I got a few of the dolls loose and missing accessories, before I finally got Fancy mint in box, followed by Twirl. They remain the only two I have complete. Candy has her shoes, but she's missing her necklace. I'm content with that though and I have no plans on buying any more of these.

I enjoy them though. They're a very detailed small doll line and the solemn faces are really lovely.

PHOTO CREDITS: All mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment