Monday, October 12, 2020

REVIEW: Rainbow High Fantasy Friends Series 2 Part 1



So now that I've made the post with the cheats (it's the one before this if you stumble on this one first), I can focus on pictures of the dolls themselves. 


Here's Alexia Cacti. 


Mine has a little head tilt. A lot of these have minor issues from being shoved in the packaging too tightly and at the wrong angles, I think. 






Her outfit is a little boring, even though it's prickly. 




The butterfly got a little squished in the package, too.





And from the back. 




Birdie Paradise was the first one I opened. I wasn't wowed until I took her pacifier out. Then I saw how cute she was. 


I love the coloring and finish on her hair. 


Her wings are cute, too. 



Blu Delphine! She was one I really wanted. 



She's very top heavy. I've heard the hydrangea girl is the heaviest of the ones that have blue caps. She must be super heavy to outweigh Blu. 

Her outfit is simple in color, but the designs make it better.




The back of her head is a little caved in, poor thing. Good thing it's hidden when she's on display.




Fiona is the only one in Series 2 that just isn't up to par. I'm not sure why they reused a mold from Series 1 when none of the others are. 



She's the same as Mia Monarch, but Mia is way cuter. 

I wish they'd done a lot different colors on her. Like really dark skin with a blue butterfly theme. 



From the back. 




Cici is STUNNING. I knew I'd like her, but I totally LOVE her. 




Dahlia was helping hold her up. 

The outfit is simple but cute. 

LOVE the hair deco. 




That milky-white pink is probably my favorite shade of pink on toys. There's just something about it that's lovely to me. 





Trying to get her hair bits from all the angles. 



Since you saw Dahlia helping Cici, we may as well look at her next. 

Dahlia was my favorite design before holding the actual dolls. She's still my favorite...but now there are two others tied with her. 

That's a terrible picture, but my battery died right after this. 

I've always been a sucker for white hair, and red, black and white is one of my favorite color combos, but the main reason I adore Dahlia Noir is that she's a direct reference to the Black Dahlia. Can you think of another toy in a children's line (that isn't monster-centric) that represents a murder victim? AND her outfit motif? Skeletal. The white color may even be in reference to the body being drained of blood. She's still a pretty if slightly creepy doll so she's plenty fine for kids, but this particular one was definitely aimed at adults. 


I wasn't that excited for Obi Willow. The design is pretty, but her first name annoyed me. It still does, even though I find myself saying it a lot now instead of calling her Willow. 

The other girls in this line are like Gia, Cici, Dahlia, Fiona, Kelly, Heidi. Totally normal names. Even Blu and Birdie, the two most unusual names, are fine. 

So what's this girl's name? 

Sash. 

Poor thing. 



She really is beautiful though. 

The delicate pointed ears. 

The adorable hairstyle.

The pale skintone in contrast with the dark outfit and bright hair. 





And that gorgeous spray of flowers. 

She's stunning. 



My three favorite girls! 

I have four more coming, so I'm hoping for some new ones. At least one red cap would be nice. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment: