Monday, October 26, 2020

REVIEW: My Little Pony Retro/Classic Unicorn & Pegasi Series 2

 

I caved and got these on ebay back on the 13th and thanks to a slow seller and the slow mail, they took this long to arrive. I believe they've shown up on Target.com at least once since, because of course they have. But I'm currently not buying anything unless it's from Amazon because it's almost vacation time!

Anyway, this is the second set of Basic Fun's Retro/Classic Unicorns and Pegasi. They run $9.99 each at retail. 




(This review brought to you by the corner of my vintage Betty & Veronica collection. I've been buying the old 80s digests recently.)

I've got to start with my girl Heart Throb. I never had this version of her, but she was the sole So Soft in my childhood collection and I still have that pony. (And she has better hair than this one.)




The tails all came out great on these four, but the manes leave a bit to be desired. 




I'm a sucker for that vintage Pizzazz chartreuse. Surprise seems like she should be kinda boring, but she's pretty fabulous. 





She has the best hair of the four when it comes to silkiness. 




Here's fan favorite Gusty. 

I always liked Gusty, but I never had her. Glory and Moondancer were enough for me. 




She does have great colors though. 



Sparkler is actually my surprise favorite of the set. I love how they did her hair. The purple part is like a blend of either a lighter and slightly darker lavender or possibly white and the darker lavender. I couldn't tell in my lighting. And it's that kind of milky hair that I love. 



They went totally off-design, too, and gave her half and half hair. She's supposed to have a red streak like Gusty. 

Definitely love her! 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment