Friday, October 23, 2020

A Brief Comment on MH

We heard the rumors a while back that MH was releasing new collector dolls this year. 

Then came the news that they were Pennywise and the Grady Twins. 

They finally showed images and allowed us to have a release date. 

I read comment after comment of people flipping their shit, saying this was what "saved 2020." 

So the dolls just dropped. It's noon here in NC. 

I put both in my cart and Pennywise sold out while I was typing my credit card number in. I did manage to get the twins though, by some tiny miracle. 

But if you think producing two dolls that sell out in less than 2 minutes is somehow "saving" 2020, you're wrong. That fits perfectly in with 2020's horrid shenanigans. Because most people aren't going to get them. I didn't see if there was a limit on quantity, but I have a feeling scalpers sold them out. So sure, you can say MH is back...but it's right back where it started...in the hands of scalpers.

7 comments:

  1. I read in the designers instagram that the dolls sold via Mattel creations where limited editions that included an exclusive illustration, but that the dolls sans the illustration are going to be avilable through Amazon later on, they didn't mentioned about the dolls having a limited edition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What worries me with that is Mattel said that Amazon would have limited quantities next week. Will more be coming? Who knows? Will other places get them? Who knows?

      Delete
    2. Since it's now next week and almost over to boot, have I just missed additional word or is it still a mystery?

      Delete
    3. Haven't seen them make a peep about it.

      Delete
  2. So I think people should do to the doll scalpers what they did to the scalpers who were buying up all the newest nvidia graphics cards: create bots to bid on their stuff and drive up the prices with no actual real winning bidder. I don’t collect MH but hearing about scalpers always infuriates me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a quantity limit of one per person, and I had to stay up until 2am to get them, as I live in Australia :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of people didn't get them though. And lots of scalpers somehow have multiples. There's no way this cannot be described as a giant fuck up.

      Delete