Friday, October 30, 2020

More Failure from Mattel

So the 30th came and went. 

No MH collector dolls on Amazon like they said there would be. 

What did they do? 

Put them both back on their own website at midnight and once again, I missed out. 

You see, guys, I have this thing called a job. It's what helps me afford all the stuff you see me post. So I can't obsessively wait for a toy company to give barely any warning about shit like this. I was at work for 13 hours without a break. 

Mattel also almost always goes by Pacific time, so naturally they chose to ignore that and go by Eastern time this once. 

The sad thing is, I've been a Stephen King fan since I was a kid and I was excited about these. IT is one of my favorite novels by him and has been for actual decades. I also was right there from the very beginning supporting Monster High. If you go way, way back to 2010 on my Flickr, you can return to the ancient days of when I was one of the very few people that owned the original MH dolls thanks to a screwup on Toys R Us's part. I had them for I believe a month and a half before almost everybody else and I answered everyone's questions to the best of my ability and tried to give the line as much visibility as one person could. Because I loved them. I still do, squandered opportunities, overuse of pink, glue heads, abundance of wonky eyes, and all. 

I'm not trying to say I'm more deserving than people that got them. Except for scalpers. Literally everyone is more deserving than scalpers. 

But to someone who's been a longtime fan of both these freshly-linked fandoms, I'm very disappointed in how this was handled ONCE AGAIN. Because I'm not the only fan who's not getting dolls right now. 

Happy Halloween, y'all. MH still isn't back. 

3 comments:

  1. Sigh. I tried, I failed. No new MH for me either. Really wanted the twins (who knew a more human version of Twyla would be a dead ringer for Emily Browning?) and once more the universe laughed. I really wish brands would stop their mysterious hype and just make the damn product. I'd forgotten what a PITA MH could be in regards to scalpers and impossible to get online exclusives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear they sold out in like 2 minutes. I think it's just sad. I don't know if Mattel cares at all if Monster High is sucessful at making a come back, They've made their money and I was surprised on how expressive these dolls were. Yes, they are 'limited' editions... but really?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly wouldn't consider this the big comeback all these people keep talking about. They're MH-style dolls, sure, but they're not MH. They're not the kids of these movie characters. They don't seem to have individual names at all. They're just those same characters in MH style. I sincerely doubt any plans on them bringing MH back to stores and children hinges on the success of two doll sets aimed far more for adults. I think people made a big deal out of this like it was some harbinger for a return, but I don't really believe it is.

      Delete