Wednesday, November 4, 2020

NEWS: For Keeps Dolls

What's that you say? There's a cute new doll line to buy? Let's learn more!

The Loyal Subjects are releasing a new line of small dolls called For Keeps. 

The dolls are articulated and 5.5". The articulation level isn't bad considering the size. There are 9 points, which I think are the neck, shoulders and hips like usual, plus the bonus of the wrists and ankles. They cost $12.99, comparable to a Hairdorable, but they come with more accessories and articulation than a Hairdorable. The outfits look to also be a comparable quality, if not actually better, and they have an extra shirt and 2 pairs of shoes. 




Moving on to the individual dolls, this is Bella. 

Bella is a journalist. 

She's one of my two favorites, because of course she is. Look at her.







She's got some sass.








Here she is in the second top. 










Next up, there is Emma. 

Emma is a filmmaker. 








She's a little cutesy for me with the unicorn theme, but I do love her hair and both pairs of shoes, so I'll end up with her.






Here's her second shirt. 





Then we've got Mia. 

Mia wants to be a vet and she comes with her dog Roxy. 






I love this photo.






She's so cute! 






Second shirt. 





So the first three girls are standalone characters. The next pair are twins, which basically look like a color variant, but at the same time, they're adorable, so who cares? 

This is London. 

She comes with her cat Sasha.




The twins are called the Creatrix Twins. 


London is a makeup artist. 






Second shirt. 






Then we have Paris and her cat Shadow. 



Paris also is a makeup artist. They're both called a Cosmetic Creatrix. 








I love both the twins, but predictably, my fave is Paris. 






Second shirt. 



The final two dolls really do have a color variant. 


This is Ella the music producer. 


She comes with green hair in a yellow outfit. 






Or with purple hair in a green outfit. 

She's my least favorite of the set, but I still may get her. I'll be getting all the others so I feel bad leaving her out. 

I'm not sure which I want though. I do love the green hair, but I also like the purple/green combo. 






Second shirt. 





And finally, we have Sophia the choreographer. 


She comes with pink hair. 





Or red hair. 






I'm getting the redhead for sure.





But the pink is surprisingly tempting, 

At the affordable price, I may just buy this entire line, color variants and all. 




Second shirt. 

The You Are Love design is definitely the most common. 



Dolls are available for pre-order at:
https://theloyalsubjects.com/collections/for-keeps



PHOTO CREDITS: Promos from the Loyal Subjects site.

6 comments:

  1. I like the size but the faces aren't as cute as hairdorables. the green haired one gives me joker vibes in a good way. london and paris are my fav out of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella is like a small-scale version of Playmates' Billie Eilish doll. https://www.amazon.com/Billie-Eilish-Bad-Fashion-Doll/dp/B089QT13XM

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ll be quick to mention if there’s too many girly dolls but never seem to mention DIVERSITY in any of your reviews. I know it’s not a huge deal to you as a white woman, but this doll line has ONE dark doll and ONE tan one and you didn’t even point that out? Is that a non issue to you because you’re represented?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fed up that you've apparently forgotten your manners.

      If my style of review offends you that much, don't bother reading my blog. It's pretty simple. Taking the time to be rude about it just wastes your time. Not mine so much, as I'm fairly amused by it. Ah, it's been so long. But I feel like there are reviewers out there that obsess over diversity, so why not go follow them?

      Now I'm sure this won't change your mind about me, as you seem to have it pretty well made up, but I honestly did intend to mention that. I remember noting that Sophia was the only tan one. But by the time I got to her, it had escaped my mind.

      Also if you know me so well, you ought to remember how often I've spoken up for wanting more Asian representation in lines. It just becomes so repetitive after a while that I've stopped asking. Like I'd love to see the new dark-skinned indigo doll in the Rainbow High line be from India. A little South Asian rep. But I doubt they'll go that way.

      Delete
    2. It's obsessive to start counting out how many dolls of each skin color are in a line. As far as I can see, they are diverse.

      I doubt you even care that they *are* diverse, you just want to feel superior without putting in the work like Lori does on this blog, and using Lori's race as a weapon against her as if she's done anything wrong or it's somehow the evidence that she's thinking the wrong thing is morally wrong and bullying.

      This divisive talk is why a lot of doll sites have become so unbearable.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the kind words!

      I'm honestly not bothered by rude comments like that. I've been dealing with doll collectors for so long now that I've become completely used to how they think it's okay to talk to people. Or how they conveniently forget evidence to the contrary of what they're saying.

      Delete