Monday, November 30, 2020

NEWS: Rainbow High Series 2






























RAINBOW HIIIIIIIIIIIIGH. 

I'm pretty excited about these. You might guess that because I'm making the pictures huge in this post.

I'm not sure where they turned up first, but they're clearly promo images, so it doesn't really matter. They're not the creation of anyone besides the company. 

So Series 2 consists of 6 characters just like Series 1. We've met one of these 6 already: Bella Parker, the pale pink girl. 

In this post, we'll look at 4 of the remaining 5. Wherever these were found, the indigo girl was left out, but she's the one that's gone through the most changes, so it's possible her photos aren't done yet. The poor thing doesn't even have a set name yet. Is she Jett Dawson? I hope not. Is she Krystal Bailey? That's a little better, but still. I'm holding out a smidge of hope for a less generic name. 

SO. This girl is Karma Nichols. We saw a sneak peek of her not that long ago. 

I've already heard complaining that she's suddenly a lot lighter in skintone, but I'm giving that the benefit of the doubt. A lot of these promo pictures are lightened. That doesn't mean the doll is. 

I am going to stop for a moment to note a pet peeve of mine. I've seen a horrible trend lately of people saying these look like white girls with a tan. Like because Karma is a little lighter here, she suddenly can't possibly be POC. I find this disgusting. POC come in a huge range of skintones and none is more or less valid than another. Just shut up about it. 

ANYWAY.

I absolutely love that Pizzazz-colored long straight hair. It is gorgeous. 

She has the best eye makeup hands down. 

I love the darker lips, but I wish they weren't glitter-encrusted. Ew. It's a small price to pay for the rest of her awesomeness though. 

BROWN EYES. Beautiful. They don't all need to have blue or purple eyes. 

Outfit-wise, I love every single piece SO MUCH except for the generic white top and the socks. Those will get tossed aside. I don't hate the socks. They'd be cute with sneakers. Just not these heels. 

I've seen people complain about her skirt length, but...skirts exist in a variety of lengths. All mini all the time is dead boring. I prefer longer. This is an interesting combination of two lengths and I love it. 

I love all the different materials she's got going on, too.

Karma is definitely the one I'm most excited for!





Next up, I've got to go Stella Monroe. Stella made her webisode debut on Friday and she was adorable. I may also be a tad biased because her voice actor just happens to be one of my old friends from the heyday of doll-collecting life on Livejournal. We're talking waaaaaaaay back before Monster High and all that. Pullips, y'all. And Winx Club. So I'm super excited that she's getting to voice a character with a doll!!! 

Stella normally might not be my cup of tea, but she's really pretty. Pink pink pink isn't my thing, yet both she and Bella are so well-styled that it doesn't matter. Both pink dolls have some of the best overall outfits in the line. The only piece of Stella's I don't care for is that little white cover-up top and that's mostly because it would cover up one of the cooler pink tops. Both of her skirts are gorgeous. I like her socks, too, but yeah, they're coming off. 

I love her hairstyle and the blend of pinks, and her makeup is lovely, too. And the little beauty mark!  

Someone in the show better make a joke about the pink girls being Bella and Stella. It just writes itself. Come on, MGAE. 

The name Stella will always remind me of Winx Stella, but this doll is different enough from her that I might just start thinking of her, too.




Ah, the line's first boy. A lot of people are saying he looks young and he does, but not in a bad way for me. I think he's very cute. He's definitely got some Bratz Boy vibes going on. 

So his name is River Kendall. We were talking about this over in the Facebook group I'm part of and laughing. Kendall sounds like Ken Doll. First RH boy, Ken was the first male doll for Barbie. Then we've also got River. River was one of the earliest My Scene boy dolls. The shorts are even a snake print, which hints at Deuce Gorgon, the first MH boy. Not sure if it's coincidence or MGAE poking at Mattel, but if they're trying to poke, all they're doing for me is giving me some serious Mattel nostalgia. 

River's got some nice outfit pieces there. The white tee and socks are dull, but the rest is fun. 



Now this one was a big surprise. We'd all heard that Amaya Raine was going to be a "pastel rainbow" theme, but all she is is a smaller version of the big Rainbow Surprise doll. Not that I'm complaining because she's gorgeous. Her makeup is second only to Karma's. It's excellent. And her hair looks pretty. I'm excited to buy her, while I was bored by the first Amaya. 

Her main outfit is cute, though the shoes and socks are a tad boring. But the second pair of shoes will swap in nicely. That cheerleader uniform will be on her for fast photographs and then chucked in my storage box. It's nice that they gave it to her to fit with the upcoming cheer line, but it's still dull. Thankfully, her first outfit is so great, I'd never take her out of it anyway. 

So those are our first real look at RH Series 2. Minus 1. Who's your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. I love Amaya's make-up, it's really well done.

    When I first heard the first boy would be some shade of blue, I assumed it would be Colin from the web series, but since we all know what happened in the latest episode that became very unlikely. River is probably my favorite. I actually quite like his plain white shirt, reminds me of a lot of real clothing and it's nice when dolls have stuff like that but mini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for new dolls, but my lord they really need to incorporate more shoe styles. I'm so sick of seeing strappy heels.

    ReplyDelete